2020 Cardinals Game #31 – Sat, Sept. 5 at (vs.) Cubs Game 2 DH

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #31 – Sat, Sept. 5 at (vs.) Cubs Game 2 DH

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

13-0 when scoring 5 runs or more

Tinky
    Participant

Free

That’s a winner!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice sweep! Back above.500.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Andrew Miller is in. He gets the first out on a grounder to Dejong. Two to go.

Grounder by Happ to Edman, who fires it to first. One out to go.

David Bote is the Cubs final hope. He pops up and that’s it!! Cards win 5-1 for the DH sweep!

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Montero might get a chance at 3B before Gorman does only because I think he’s more advanced than Gorman. I don’t know if his dense is better than Edman’s defense.

Miller needs 7 more appearances in order to vest for 2021. 6 more after tonight. IMO, there’s no way he’s a $12M relief pitcher but that’s what we’re paying him in 2021 if he’s back.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller could always be traded even if the option vests.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards win 5-1 to sweep the twin bill and improve their record to 16-15. Chicago’s division lead is 2 1/2 games.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I live less than a mile from Wrigley, just took the pup for a walk up to the stadium area in my Waino “Jersey T” and Cards hat! They were worn with pride!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You and your pooch are brave souls, CardsFanInChiTown!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Speaking of Sosa a few posts up —- where is he? Surely he has recovered from the bug by now so I assume he is at Springfield and Shrock is now our infield utility man.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Presumably, Sosa and Schrock are playing side by side in Springfield, competing for the next infield opening with St. Louis. Who is ahead of whom is unclear.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One would safely assume that “The Rock” is a couple of lengths ahead of Sosa as they hit the top of the stretch. And “The Rock” is a noted strong finisher. He’s going to make either us or some other lucky team a very fine utility man.

bccran
    Participant

Would like to see Sosa given a shot at 3B.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope this was a break out game for O’Neil. It would be great to get him on track.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt gave Tyler the last two games of August off and it seems to have helped. He’s played in four of the last five September games and has a four digit ops over those games.

.333 / .385 / .750 / 1.135 in 13 PA’s with a 1/4 BB/K

Tyler is currently in this ops+ group of regulars….
    Molina 90, Edman 87, O’Neill 84, Wong 82

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.