2020 Cardinals Game #26 – Mon, Aug. 31 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #26 – Mon, Aug. 31 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How did Tucker Bernhardt win a GG? He has never been good enough for a GG, IMO. Mever.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to go Paulie! Made them pay!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BOOM!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s a full count now and something has to give. Let’s hope it’s the baseball. DeSclafani isn’t looking too confident here as Paul stalks the pitch. Here it comes…and there it goes!!! Granny for Paul Dejong!!!

Tinky
    Participant

Free

Chicks love DeJong ball!

(Don’t ban me Brian. Warn me if you have to, but please don’t ban me 😉).

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dakota went 74 and 83 pitches his last two starts. If he’s not laboring maybe 90 is possible.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson at 66 (edit) pitches thru 4 IP.
    42 strikes, 24 balls

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

An 8 pitch inning, nice

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson has looked solid tonight. He got a bit cute at times with the lead, but this version of Hudson with the Ks has been good to see.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

What the heck are we doing putting 7 on the board in 4 innings? Gotta be the navy blues. Love that look!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1964 said:

I believe MLB allowed advertising on uniforms thus season as part of the 2020 Player agreement. Not sure if this is for this year only or continues after this.

Just for the swoosh, Nike is paying MLB $1 billion over the next 10 years. That works out to $3.33 MM per year per team.

They have already started down the slippery slope. It is only a matter of time…

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

JJ: heck ya. Rod Carew said he never slumped because he could bunt well</em>

LOL a Carew slump was 1 for 4

(De Jong log ball indeed!)

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

tinky, you are good. I think some new members may fear this board is ruled with an iron fist, but the simple fact that Pugs has managed to remain here for years should give you some comfort. 😉

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Did Dan say Hudson has never gone 6 innings in a start?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Did Dan say Hudson has never gone 6 innings in a start?

He was saying that he hadn’t gone at least 5 innings in a start before without a walk.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas sighting and he works a BB

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a nice at bat by Thomas. Carlson up and he check swing nubs one to the 2nd baseman to end the inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good evening gentlemen….and Carter. I’m starting to take a liking to these 7-2 scores. This “Kid” Carlson is going to start hitting very soon….keep sticking with him skipper!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I was just wondering how long Shildt will keep running Carlson out there. I am usually a guy who believes n doing that with talented young players, but with Dylan being only 21 his time will come. Might need to back him off some.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

91 pitches, let him finish his inning

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Thanks stlcard25. That makes sense. Man, location is what it is all about, both for pitchers and for pitch selection as a hitter.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You have to keep trotting him on out there, Mike. The kid’s right on the verge of breaking out. Willie Mays started his ml career something like 0-31…..Ryno Sandberg had a pretty abysmal start to his career too if I recall correctly.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudsons breaking ball is really developing well

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy is locked in. 5 times up and 5 times on base.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Nate Jones with an interesting delivery. Holds the ball up high like a quarterback on the Statue of Liberty play.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.