2019 St. Louis schedule

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 St. Louis schedule

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For those who want to read the words that go with the music…

The Angels series at Busch, June 21-23, will be the highlight of the home season for many.

In addition, the April 13-14 games against the Reds will be played in Monterrey, Mexico.

St. Louis Cardinals press release

The St. Louis Cardinals, in conjunction with Major League Baseball’s league-wide release, today announced their 2019 regular season schedule. The home opener for the Redbirds is set for Thursday, April 4 against the San Diego Padres as part of a seven-game home stand with San Diego (April 4, 6-7) and the Los Angeles Dodgers (April 8-11).

The Cardinals will open their 2019 season on the road with a four-game series at Milwaukee against the division rival Brewers beginning on Thursday, March 28, followed by a two-game series at Pittsburgh (April 1 & 3).

The 2019 season will feature 26 home series and 26 road series, including 14 weekend series at Busch Stadium: April 4, 6-7 vs San Diego, April 19-21 vs New York Mets, April 26-28 vs Cincinnati, May 10-12 vs Pittsburgh, May 24-26 vs Atlanta, May 31-June 2 vs. Chicago Cubs, June 21-23 vs. Los Angeles Angels, July 12-14 vs Arizona, July 26-27 vs Houston, August 9-11 vs Pittsburgh, August 23-25 vs Colorado, August 30-September 1 vs Cincinnati, September 13-15 vs Milwaukee and September 27-29 vs Chicago Cubs.

The Cardinals will host the Chicago Cubs for two weekend series (May 31-June 2 & September 27-29), including the final series of the 2019 regular season, and one mid-week series (July 30-August 1) at Busch Stadium.

The Cardinals 20-game interleague schedule will feature a pair of two-game home-and-home series with in-state rival Kansas City (May 21-22 at Busch Stadium & August 13-14 at Kansas City) and with the Oakland Athletics (June 25-26 at Busch Stadium & August 3-4 at Oakland). In addition, the Cardinals will host three-game home series against the Los Angeles Angels (June 21-23) and Houston Astros (July 26-28), and will play three-game road series at Texas (May 17-19) and at Seattle (July 2-4).

The Cardinals are scheduled to play 43 of their 81 home games before the July 8-11 All-Star Break, playing 16 home games in April, 13 in May, 14 in June, 11 in July, 13 in August and 14 in September. The Cardinals are scheduled to play home games on Easter Sunday (April 21 vs. Mets), Mother’s Day (May 12 vs. Pirates), Memorial Day weekend (May 24-26 vs. Braves) and Labor Day weekend (Aug. 31-Sept. 1 vs. Reds & Labor Day, Sept. 2 vs. Giants).

The Cardinals longest home stands of the 2019 season consist of two nine-game stands (April 19-28 & June 17-26). Their longest road trip is 10 games (June 7-16). The Cardinals will play 20 consecutive games without a day off from June 4-23 (10 home games & 10 road games).

The season opener on March 28 against the Brewers represents the first time in franchise history that the Cardinals will begin the season at Milwaukee. The two teams have faced each other three times previously on Opening Day (2004, 2003 & 1999), all in St. Louis. The March 28 season opener will also be the earliest in franchise history.

The Cardinals will make future announcements regarding game times, ticket pricing and ticket availability for the 2019 season. To view the full 2019 regular season schedule, visit cardinals.com.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From the Cardinals:

2019 Cardinals Promotions Schedule is Here!

Ready for more of MLB’s best promotional giveaways in 2019? Today the St. Louis Cardinals released the highly-anticipated promotional schedule for the upcoming season, complete with more than 50 giveaways for baseball’s best fans. Check out some of Fredbird’s favorites…or click below for the full 2019 schedule!

BOBBLEHEADS – five new bobbleheads, including the first-ever triple bobblehead (MV3 Pujols/Edmonds/Rolen), and two double bobbles! (Stan & Red, and Yadier Molina & Roberto Clemente).

JERSEYS – Six sweet new replicas to adorn your closet, including the new powder blue road alternate jersey, a new Cardinals hockey jersey, and more!

RINGS – Relive championships past with replica rings from the 1944 World Series Champs (75th Anniversary) and the 2004 NL Champs (15th Anniversary).

ALL ABOUT THE KIDS – kids will go home with lots of great swag in 2019, including a Yadi replica powder blue jersey, Rawlings glove, Pajama pants, and more!

NEW FOR 2019 – plenty of new items including a Stadium Sweatshirt Blanket, Crossbody Bag, Cardinals Vest, and more!

T-SHIRTS, PLEASE! – Back by popular demand for 2019 are the “T-Shirt of Month” giveaways. Each month a unique Cardinals t-shirt will be designed for 20,000 fans ages 16 & older to take home on one select mid-week game.

View Promotions Schedule

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Notice the Sunday Night games will be starting an hour earlier this season.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m glad to see they moved the games up. Makes it much easier on us in the Eastern time zone and it’s not like 4 on a Sunday is crazy for a West coast game.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I love the SNG move to 6 cst. And I’m glad only 1 cards game is selected do far.

14NyquisT
    Participant

stlcard25, are you close enough to Williamsport to get to the LL Classic game? State College will be playing at home from Aug. 13th thru the 19th, and its close by. I might make a weekend trip out of it.

14NyquisT
    Participant

The Card’s game vs.AAA Memphis was wiped out due to the weather and not made up because of the scheduling.
    This season the game will be played in Memphis on Mon. March 25th with a rain date on Tues. And then Wed. Mar. 27th will be an off day before the start of the regular season on Thur. March 28th in Milwaukee. No rain date for the Cards vs. Brewers Thu-Sun 4-game series.

PS. the schedule provided by TCN at the top of this page on Aug 22th makes a great copy for the season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

There is almost always a rain date for Opening Day, as they keep the next day open for that possibility. However, since Miller Park has a roof, it is unneeded.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Oh, and here I thought they were playing at the Lloyd Street Grounds.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From what I have heard, the players don’t like the gap between playing the afternoon of opening day, then waiting until two nights later for game 2. Seems like better scheduling could put the opening games in warm climates or domes.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have always thought the first 2 to 3 weeks of the season should be played only in warmer climates or domes too. I know it would be a little weird but teams in Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, etc….should not have home games before April 15. Last year was a disaster with early season weather.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Tickets for more than 40 Theme Ticket promotional dates during the 2019 season, including the return of Game of Thrones Night, Margaritaville Night and Pride Night, go on sale today, Wed. 1/23, at 10:00 a.m. CT at cardinals.com/theme.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The St. Louis Cardinals have announced that single-game tickets for the 2019 season will go on sale this Friday, February 8, at 10 AM CT.

Fans who wish to purchase tickets to three or more games can take part in a special online-only multi-game ticket sale beginning tomorrow, February 6, at 10 AM CT.

The multi-game and single-game on-sales will be available at cardinals.com. In addition, tickets for Friday’s single-game on-sale will be available via phone at 314.345.9000 and at the Busch Stadium Box Office on 8th Street.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Our first 2020 schedule post!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is really an aggressive deal, especially this early. They are essentially giving away mid-week tickets for the entire season in this sale (likely except for fees).

Remember that when 3.4 million in attendance is celebrated in October, these freebies count the same as $100 seats sold.

From the Cardinals:

In celebration of pitchers and catchers reporting for Spring Training, the St. Louis Cardinals have announced a special 12-hour flash ticket sale beginning tomorrow at 10 AM CT.

Fans can purchase tickets for any Monday—Thursday games in 2019 (excluding Opening Day) for just $5. Additionally, each $5 ticket purchased will be pre-loaded with $5 in Cards Cash for fans to use towards concessions or merchandise inside Busch Stadium.

Fans can purchase up to eight of the special $5 tickets per person, per game. Games available in this special sale include matchups with the Cubs, Dodgers, Brewers, Athletics, Royals and more.

Tickets will be available at cardinals.com or via phone at 314.345.9000. Again, this special ticket flash sale will only be available until 10 PM CT on Tuesday, February 12.

For more information, visit cardinals.com/flashsale.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

That’s a pretty good deal! If I didn’t have so much uncertainty in my life right now I’d pick up a couple tickets. Still may for my nephew when the dodgers come to town so he can go.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Also the tickets to the Angels series a stupid expensive. Was sort of expected.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I not-so-boldly predict we will be reading a story within the next two weeks about ticket sales being ahead of last season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here I already thought the regular season TV schedule had been announced. Anyway, it is good to be reassured all games will be televised again this season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have such mixed feelings about our opening series here in the great State of Wisconsin. We have, at last count, 14 Coloradoidians steaming into town during that 4 game series with the Crew, for a Saturday matrimony. It’s going to be a madhouse with 3 couples staying with us from Wednesday-Sunday. As a result, I may only be able to catch one of the four games at Miller…..wild black stallions couldn’t keep me away from the opener. But!…….with this comes a gold lining for all of you game thread PBP fans. Usually, yours truly calls no games when the Cards visit Milwaukee. But due to the unusual circumstances, both Friday night’s and Sunday’s afternoon’s games are on the docket for some rousing PBP. How’s that for a little Christmas come early action!

14NyquisT
    Participant

Pugs… you are a man without any influence. You should have had the wedding moved up a week. 🙁

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

But I’ve been under the “influence” my fair share of times, if that counts for anything, Nyquist. Hard to believe that I’m entering my 8th year in the PBP booth here. As most of you know, Brian has been running me out to the booth on one year contracts only. I’m please to announce that this year I’m starting a new 4 year deal that will be netting me double digit figures per annum…..and I would be terribly remiss not to thank Brian for what amounts to a 4 year vote of confidence…..thanks Bri!!! Another super huge bit of news. We have been in talks with none other than our very own Bobby Reed to hop on to that roller coaster PBP saddle and join your’s truly in the booth. With me calling the action and Bobby lending the color, along with a healthy dose of baseball intelligence, we’d be packing more punch than a Muhammad Ali-George Foreman fisticuffs. Right now Bobby is balking at the financial terms and the number of games he has to be in the booth. If I had to guess, I would say that Mr. Reed will be onboard here in 2019, but possibly only on a cameo basis. Stay tuned!

14NyquisT
    Participant

Just as I predicted here… some fans are getting anxious for the real thing to start up.

Reminder: in three days it will be two weeks until post time. Full season affiliates only one week after that.

Thursday April 4th

Memphis home for Omaha(KC)
    Springfield home for Northwest Arkansas(KC)
    Palm Beach home for Jupiter(MIA)
    Peoria on the road in Cedar Rapids(MIN)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.