2019 Peoria lineup

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 Peoria lineup

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Cardinals27 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Although some of the players below are young, and may not make full season ball next year, the possibilities are exciting for us fans:

C-Soto, Herrera, Wilson, Purcell
    1B-Woodall, Gomez, Cedeno, Whalen
    2B-Dunn, Whalen??, Williams
    SS-Perez
    3B-Gorman
    OF-Cedeno, Woodall, Machado, Nunez, Torres, Ynfante

Throw in that one will DH, and the potential in that lineup is off the charts. This reminds me of when Peoria had a rotation of Woodford, Helsley, Gonzalez, Fernandez, etc.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Machado-CF
    Torres-LF
    Cedeno-DH
    Gorman-3B
    Nunez-RF
    Woodall-1B
    Soto-C
    Dunn-2B
    Perez-SS

I moved Nunez to RF to get his bat in the lineup, although he likely will stick at 3rd in the GCL probably. in which case Ynfante may be the 3rd outfielder.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The above lineup has 50+ home runs in short season ball.

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Probably need to threw Stanley Espinal in as First base/DH option and Figuera in the middle infield.

Agree should have a lot of interesting position prospects to monitor in Peoria.

This Torres received in the Mercado trade is doing quite well in the GCL at a very young age. Will be impressive if he can make the jump to Peoria.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

At SC, Woodall has been playing RF with Whalen at 1B. Woodall hasn’t figured out the NYPL yet.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I doubt Nunez is at Peoria to start the season though I would love to see it (Just not the Cardinal’s way.) Soler (who will be just 19 next season) might start there but it also seems unlikely.

Gorman could actually start at Palm Beach depending on how he finishes this year and performs in the Spring.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not sure Luken Baker starts the season at Palm Beach which means he’s still in Peoria.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman could be at Palm Beach to make room for Montero.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Avatar gscottar.
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Some of the promotions look a little agressive. Montero will probably be at Sprngfield if not at he beginning of the season then by mid-season. No way Baker is at Peoria next year. At least at Palm Beach if not Springfield.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dunn called up and playing for Peoria tonight.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Best I can tell Nunez is 6 plate appearances short of being qualified for the batting title. If he plays every game for the rest of the year he will probably fall a couple of plate appearances short. However, given the practice of adding AB’s without hits up to the qualifying number to determine the batting title, Nunez should easily win and should still finish over .400.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

The DSL wraps this week I believe. I would love to see Nunez sent to the US for the last 2 weeks of the NYPL (it runs the latest) or maybe the GCL since they will have a couple of playoff games.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not sure what DSL rules are, but Oscar Taveras won a batting title in that fashion.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

That is correct. Taveras won the 2011 Midwest League batting title with 347 plate appearances even though he had to take an 0-for-31 to reach the minimum.

With guys being moved around so much, it is not that rare. Just last season, Evan Mendoza had a similar situation to win the batting crown in the NY-Penn League, in his case because he had been promoted to Peoria before reaching the at-bat minimum.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope Gorman does well and gets a midseason promotion. That would open the door for Nunez to play 3rd after him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years