2018 Reg Seas Game #92 – vs. Reds – Fri 7/13

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #92 – vs. Reds – Fri 7/13

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

The team as a whole, maybe. But there are some players actually trying to save this sinking ship. Anyway, I hear what you’re saying and agree. I’m also a very long time Cards fan…. since the Ducky Schofield days.

bccran
    Participant

I root for every single player every single game. But it seems like this team is a hodgepodge. Moving parts that don’t fit very well together well. Maybe I’m too old fashioned in liking a set lineup. The same lineup almost every day that can mold together as a unit. Of course I grew up in the times when every day it was Hemus, Schoendiest, Musial, Jablonski, Repulski, Slaughter, Bilko, Rice, Pitcher. What did they do when they didn’t have analytics, which changes the lineups almost every day?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wouldn’t say Holland looked good. He had two missiles hit off of him but just happened to be right at defenders.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I will give you that, gscottar. I should have said in comparison to the other five pitchers, four of whom were scored upon. The other was Gregerson, who walked the opposing pitcher and gave up a double. That sets the bar much lower.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.