2018 Reg Seas Game #89 – at Giants – Sun 7/8

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #89 – at Giants – Sun 7/8

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

Holland isn’t an attitudinal problem for MM and has had some decent games lately.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was driving yesterday and listened to the game on Sirius XM. It was the Giants feed and the Giants announcers were amazed at the lack of arm strength of Ozuna in the OF. They couldn’t believe he didn’t attempt to throw home on the play when Posey scored.

This is another example of what I have been talking about. Something is seriously wrong with Ozuna’s arm, he is a huge defensive liability because of it, yet the team hasn’t uttered a word about it since Spring Training.

14NyquisT
    Participant

bc…. not good enough.

14NyquisT
    Participant

gs…. any words concerning Ozuna’s arm would be considered “piling on” the FO.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t pile on the front office but I’m not afraid to call them out when I deem it necessary. They need to be held accountable. I also offer them praise when I think they do a good job. I’m not a hater nor a sunshine pumper. I just call it like I see it.

I think we got damaged goods with Ozuna. He has been favoring his arm ever since he arrived in Jupiter. Whoever approved his medical report appears to have made a mistake. I hope we weren’t so desperate after the Stanton fiasco that we green lighted the Ozuna trade knowing that he was injured.

14NyquisT
    Participant

That would not surprise me. Maybe management was too busy having exit interviews with all the prospects we gave away to get him.

Seriously, I’ve heard a number of announcers and commentators say the same about Ozuna’s bad wing.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good point on Ozuna. His bad arm could be affecting his offense as well. It is his top arm in hitting, which is not quite as crucial to a power stroke, but it could be keeping him from being as good at squaring up on pitches as he would be with a fully healthy arm.

As for Holland, don’t you have to cut bait on him? I guess with it being only a one-year deal, you can keep running him out there and see if you can get something out of the investment. At this point, we do not look to be playoff contenders, so it’s not a huge risk to keep him around.

But man, he just has not been the same guy that the Rockies had the first half of last year. Something happened to him the second half of last year, just like something is not right with Ozuna.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

It certainly possible that his arm is ailing enough because he hasn’t been this bad since 2015. He has 20 xbh on the season. 10 homers, 9 doubles and 1 triples a whole bunch of singles and a lot of bad defense.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.