2018 Reg Seas Game #8 – vs. D-backs – Sat 4/7

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #8 – vs. D-backs – Sat 4/7

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BOTTOM of 5. Boy when that ball left Descalso’s bat with 2 outs in the bottom half of this inning, I thought we were going to be looking at a 2 run game, but it seemed to die on the right field track to Fowler’s joy…..and it looked like a bit of amazement as well.

Carpenter – Strikes out waving at a heater a bit wide & high of the zone and Greinke seems to have found his groove……hopefully it’ll prove to be a bit late for the AZ. righthander.

Ozuna – Flies out to Pollock in center.

Martinez – Rolls it slowly out to 3rd where DD comes in to scoop it up and fire it across the diamond to Goldschmidt to retire the side in order and that’s 8 consecutive Birds that Greinke has now put away.

Cards 5 AZ 2

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BOTTOM of 6

Yadi – Tatoos a Greinke heater into left for a leadoff base knock! And that hit will signal the end to Mr. Greinke’s day….sweet! As Greinke exits, Cook will enter….back in a moment.

Matt cook is a 27 year old righthander who has the reputation of being able to throw strikes. Also, Ahmed replaces Marte at short who will replace Owings at 2nd who’ll replace Dyson in right….easy peezy as that.

DeJong – Time for Paul to get off the DBack schneid as he’s hitless in the series thus far…..matter of fact, has he even put a ball in play yet in these past 2 games? As they say, “you can’t keep a good player down”, and DeJong is not only a “good player”, but on the precipice of soon becoming “an exceptional player”. Lifts your basic garden variety can of corn to right where Owings will easily slap the leather on it for the out.

Wong – Whew! Yadi nearly gets picked off 1st and should have been. Flies out to Pollock in center.

Bader (hitting for Leone) – Called out gazing on a fastball that looked a couple inches wide.

Cards 5 DBacks 2

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Carp’s still going for the power swing. I wish he’d stick to his words in ST.

Bowman’s arm is going to fall off at the rate MM keeps sending him out there and Mayers has been cast into purgatory.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Posting from my phone as yet another computer malfunction. Not to worry gang as I’ll get this rascal fixed…. anybody want to pick up the rousing PBP in my absentia????

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

DeJong has had a horrible series and Wong…whew! That’s all I’m gonna say at the moment.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

T9th: Norris pitching: K looking, K looking, double to RC by Marte, Goldschmidt K looking.

Sure wish they had released Norris… 😉

The Cards win 5-3 to go 4-4 on the season.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Very nice win today. The bullpen when while will be a real strength of this team so long as they are deployed properly. When the weather warms look for the offense to get a little more consistent. But for today at least they looked good against a solid team from Arizona.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Crow taste pretty good Brian.

wagee12
    Participant

Wow, the former Cardinal killer, Bud Norris, was hitting 94-95 on the radar gun on a raw day in St. Louis. Impressive save, the first save of the season for the Birds.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The difference today, IMO, was one pitch by Greinke and one swing by Martinez.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not a bad start to the year. 4-4 against teams with a 17-5 record coming into today’s game. DeJong totally out of sync. Ozuna money and for for the first time since Albert you feel we could put up a crooked number evey time he comes to the plate.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

That’s how baseball go. Ron Washington.

NJ315
    Participant

Crow is good. I like the results Mr. Norris has been impressive. Wong is a concern. Carp at third is a concern. Not concern about DeJong yet.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t believe Wong didn’t try to bunt for a hit the way they had the shift on him and the potential throwing difficulty with the 37 degree weather. After that opening I was amazed Wacha got through 5 allowing just 2 runs. Hicks first run allowed was unearned, with a runner aboard due to Carp’s clown act at 3rd. Next man looked to be out looking but home plate ump, who had an ATROCIOUS game, didn’t give it to him. He got out of the jam with limited damage. Really looked like Ozuna got a bad break/didn’t see the single that scored the DB run that inning. Oh, and why not mayars in the 6th up 5-2???? I guess insurance if Weaver falters, but come on!

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.