2018 Reg Seas Game #79 – vs. Indians – Wed 6/27

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #79 – vs. Indians – Wed 6/27

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hate to say it, because he could be really important to our offense down the stretch..but Pham probably needs to hit 6th or so for the time being. He’s just not hitting well. I do believe he’ll get going eventually but we need someone behind Carp to move him along.

Can’t see it but the radio guys seemed flabbergasted that Carp didn’t score on that single?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna strikes out by trying to hit pitches out of the zone. Up to Yadi…who grounds out.

Killer half inning for the chances of a win there. Had to have the run.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, it appeared Carp would’ve easily scored to me on the Martinez hit. Then to have Ozuna flail at 3 awful pitches capped it off as a big fail.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To top that, the Tribe get a run themselves in the 6th. Anything is still possible but with 6 hits and only one run..perhaps they should have saved some situational hitting from last night.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong is a bit of a pitch magnet tonight…second HBP and Gyorko is in to try to put a charge into one.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bad game tonight. Expected better with Flaherty going and the recently improved offense. Pham is struggling all around. On the bright side, Cards won the series and having won 4 of the last 5 is better than I expected.

Participant

Free

Yes indeed! However we can just sit down on our off day and admire what we’re done. The weekend is a major test yet again in front of us this weekend.

Pham and Fowler need to platoon in RF until someone figures it out. Bader needs to see some extended run.

Participant

Free

Not a great game, perhaps a little bit of let down from last night but sometimes you just gotta tip your cap to the other team and move on, and build on the positives, like Euro said… we did win the series, were hitting better… We just ran into a pitcher who had good stuff tonight. I think we all can agree Kluber isn’t a bad pitcher,he just didn’t have his stuff last night and Cardinal batters took advantage of a rare opportunity. Tonight, Jack didn’t have his best stuff and Cleveland took advantage of what will soon become a rare opportunity when Flaherty has an off night. Even in a loss<I will take a positive from it and that is our bullpen continued to perform well… Only 1 run in 5 inn which gave us a fighting chance. Also the brewers loss and the Cubs were losing at last check 6-2 in the 5th,so at least we didn’t lose ground. Lets put this game in the past, players can rest for a day,then welcome in the Braves for 3.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s never fun to lose…but it’s more tolerable when you’ve been playing well. Hopefully a blip on the radar with the Braves coming into town on Friday.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years