2018 Reg Seas Game #63 – at Reds – Sun 6/10

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #63 – at Reds – Sun 6/10

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The biggest thing in todays game was the 2 out walk to Hamilton. He is hitting little more than FOwler at .195. Throw it down the middle to him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopedfully, we can rally.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Blew a chance there. Runner at 3rd and one out and get nothing.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

How many times have Cardinal pitchers had a guy 0 and 2 or 1 and 2 and walked them today.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The zone is neither consistent nor a good zone when it is called. Umpiring has cost the Cards dearly today.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

The umpiring has been bad indeed. Ozuna just had two pitches called balls to him that were strikes. Davis has been bad both ways all day.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards are a couple of degrees of launch angle from three home runs today. All three ended up as singles (Martinez was thrown out on one). Not even one extra base hit from it.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would barely call it “both ways.” The Cards have walked twice while the Reds have walked 9 times, despite hardly having what you’d call control artists on the mound for Cincy. The calls have disproportionately impacted St Louis. It happens sometimes but this could easily be 5-3 St Louis right now. It’s that bad.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Cecil has thrown 26 pitches and only 10 have been strikes. He is not even close on his misses.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These last two were horrid pitching by Cecil. Should have quit while they were ahead with him. It’s about to get ugly.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cecil was so wild on that throw that the ball bounced all the way back to him, letting him throw out the runner trying to advance to third. Ya gotta laugh at this stuff sometimes. Lol

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Given how bad Cecil is, I am not sure why the Reds are even swinging

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cecil gives up the insurance run on a decent pitch. Just way too much bad pitching to deserve the win today.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Can’t win ’em all — not even against the Reds. In a sport where one guy can’t single-handedly beat you, it seems like that’s what Billy Hamilton did today.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pushed our luck with some poor play today. Still 9-1 to any team for 10 is good

However the strike zone was absolutely disgusting all day today from the 1st inning and the Cardinals were disproportionally made to differ for it.

That is baseball to some degree so the loss is still on them so it’s not an excuse simply a participating reason

Cecil was all over the place but somehow limited the damage so maybe that can be a bright spot for him. Still I just haven’t seen anything positive from him irises of a few pitches here and there since he came back. He never was a situational lefty so I’d think his slack is just about out.

Looks like the Cubs will lose so no damage done there. For as hit as the Cubs have been they won’t be in 1st and haven’t pulled away from us to do so.

Big series for Cubs and Brewers this week. Cardinals could take advantage and make up a game if things go our way

Lame loss. But that’s baseball

Go Cards!

Btw it has got to be infuriating to be Reds fan sometimes with Billy Hamilton. He is so dynamic but just can’t hit enough. He accounted for 1run with that triple and saved I think 3 at least.

He is the perfect 4th outfielder for any team and is about 40 points from being an acceptable hitter enough to allow his defense to outplay the deficiency in his bat.

If I were a contending team probably AL I’d trade for him and let him pinch run and be a late game defensive switch

He is a late game run off the bench with his speed. 1 out walk or single? Put him in and let him get to 3rd in two pitches. Sac him in get the win or tie.

I think at his point he is more valuable as a bench player than a full time player. He is a difference make for a playoff team but as a. Starter hittinghow he’s hitting his uniqueness is wasted by his inability to get on.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

CMart was squeezed several times which allowed to extra pitches being made which in turn allowed the Reds more chances to make something happened. With that said, Martinez hasn’t been exactly great since coming off the DL and could have used more than one rehab start after missing an entire month. I commented this to Derek on twitter after his rehab start when he gave up 2 homeruns. I don’t understand management throwing these guys back out on the field without making sure they’re ready.

Participant

Free

Just loved the Matheny appeal to the runner being out at third. It summed up the day.

Had a chance to get a game on Chicago and peed down our leg.

Participant

Free

EuroWolf

Ump sure didn’t help. Not sure if he or Martinez has been worse at their jobs today.

Martinez was really upset after coming out. I told my GF to watch for it as he was about to let loose in the locker room and sure enough, he threw his glove and kicked and screamed back at the umpire. His fastball was awful, coming in at 92 most of the day. He can’t compete at that velocity.

Participant

Free

858booyah

Just loved the Matheny appeal to the runner being out at third. It summed up the day.

What was odd about it? It was a very close play and the view from the foul pole looked like he was absolutely out. Then you look at the view from the plate and it’s completely different. It was a worthy challenge. Molina was lazy get the ball down the line. Hamilton was busting down to second on the walk.

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years