2018 Reg Seas Game #61 – at Reds – Fri 6/8

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #61 – at Reds – Fri 6/8

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m. RHP Luke Weaver (3-5, 4.41) vs. RHP Matt Harvey (1-4, 5.79) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Reds are bad, but so were the Marlins. Hopefully the visit to Cincy is just what the doctor ordered to get the team pointing in the right direction again.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

With Weaver throwing, this game is probably a toss-up. Weaver has not developed the consistency to where you feel confident of a win when he is on the hill.

Bottom line though, the Cardinals need to take 2 of 3 over the weekend. A sweep would be great, but if you get 2 of 3 you have done the job.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Don’t look now, but the Cubs are just 1/2 game behind the Brewers. And the Cubs go to Milwaukee for a series early next week.

In my mind these next six games are important for the Redbirds. Reds and Padres. They need to win four of the six.

Participant

Paid - Annual

cubbies may find the going tough next week at County stadium, Rat. Same goes for this weekend at Three Rivers…or are they at Wrigley? Cards should get your 4-6 at Riverfront and San Diego Stadium.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cubs are going to blow past the Brewers just like last year. The Brewers can’t beat the Cubs head to head to save their life. It must have become psychological.

We are going to be in a battle with the Brewers, Braves, and Phillies for a wild card spot.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I still dont see the separation of the Cubs to the Cardinals…and Cards to Brewers for that matter. Didnt the Cards sweep the Cubs last time out? Those games all matter.

Central will be beating up on themselves a lot this year…i am not sure the Central will be able to pull a WildCard spot because of it…unless one team pulls away a lot or another team dips way down

Participant

Paid - Annual

Tough call. I had the cubs pegged for just 5 games over .500 for the year, as I figured their starting pitching would betray them. It’s still early, but unfortunately, I seem to have underestimated them. They now look poised to grab the Central divisional lead and not look back. But….maybe I’ll be wrong once again and they will tail off. If that occurs then my original prediction would be true. And who ever said that two wrongs don’t make a right????

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maintaining an elite rotation/offense is easier than maintaining an elite bullpen. Bullpens are volatile for a reason and I don’t think that either the Cubs or Brewers have the rotation arms at this moment to run away from the Cardinals. With an offense and bullpen that have both underachieved, St Louis is still in striking distance. If the bullpen in particular can be solved and Pham, Carp, Fowler, Ozuna, Wong, etc don’t take turns where 2 or 3 of them hit like A ball players forced to play MLB..this team could win 95 games. I think that they get 88-90 as is. Hard to say if that’s enough in the NL this year.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Anybody know what the weather is like over in Cincinnati for this one? Paul Goodloe of the Weather Channel was talking about how the weather might affect some games tonight and said meteorologist indicated about a 50% chance of rain and storms around Riverfront tonight.

r/Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes, the Cards swept the Cubs last time but they have played better since then and we haven’t. What happens at the trade deadline will be important but one front office has a reputation of being more aggressive than the other.

The NL West is an abysmal division so they won’t get a wild card team. The wild cards will come from the Central and/or East.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

After what I’ve just seen on the Doppler Radar I assume the game will be delayed. Nothing but green and yellow and red stuff on the radar in the Cincinnati area.

r/Rat

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards score a couple on homers, but now Weaver is struggling. He walked the pitcher and is facing Hamilton with men on first and second.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Martinez trying to make everyone forget about his bad defense by punishing baseballs. He hits his second homer of the game, a three run shot to put the Cards up 5-1.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Ha, JMart making “defense is overrated” statement tonight. He has 2 HRs and 4 RBIs in the first three innings. Cards lead 5-1.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

He needs to hit like this more consistently. A few days ago he was negative rWAR.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver has not been particularly efficient tonight. That’s the problem with his whole year, really. He’s probably going to be out after 5 tonight.

Gotta give him credit for the great defensive play there though.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Weaver has a future as SS if pitching doesn’t work out for him.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice play by Pham there in center. With the quicker outs, Weaver may get to the 6th after all.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Guess I might have jinxed him. Luke has the bases loaded and a 2-0 count on Winker.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver needs to be pulled but the magic “win” will probably be the reason they don’t take him out.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The popout to right ends the inning, with the score now 5-3. The Cards are gonna need to score a couple more to win, IMO.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pham seems to be moving to the ball better tonight.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really, really hope I’m wrong but this just feels like the kind of game that the Cards jump out to a lead only to have the other team chip away bit by bit until they walk it off. It’s a gross feeling.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years