2018 Reg Seas Game #59 – vs. Marlins – Wed 6/6

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #59 – vs. Marlins – Wed 6/6

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m. Jack Flaherty (2-1, 2.62) vs. Wei-Yin Chen (1-3, 6.10) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I need the Cards to score 10+ runs tonight as catharsis. Losing Reyes stinks.

Chen is terrible…let’s make sure he looks even more terrible tonight, shall we?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chen has gotten three grounders so far, which is out of character. Hopefully Ozuna can put a charge into one.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yairo gets eaten up by the ground ball. They just said the Cards have the third most errors in baseball. Combine that with I believe the second most outs on the base paths they said and this team needs to get a bit more fundamentally sound to have a shot at clawing back into the division race.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

Chen has an ERA over 6!!! 3-0 Marlins. If you have a pulse and throw left handed you can beat the Cardinals.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Martinez runs bases as well as he fields his position. Why the hell did he not tag up?

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Like the aggression Bader and Jose showed sending him.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

And like last night, we climb back in it and then give up runs right away. Just a god awful play by Munoz.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Yeah they need to shake something up. Maybe the coaching staff?

Even if it isn’t that, it’s gotta be worth a try

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We don’t have a 1stbaseman. The guy playing there is lucky he catches the ball.
    We don’t have a 3rdbaseman.
    We don’t have a shortstop.
    We don’t have a rightfielder.

What have we been doing for the last decade or so that we don’t have the proper players in their #1 main defensive position???

r/Rat

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Cardinals are getting their tails kicked by a AAA team

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

We have a 3B, he is playing 2B to accommodate our 1B, who is playing 3B, to make room for our DH, because nobody else on the team is hitting.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Fire Mabry!!!

colhusker
    Participant

Free

We have a 3B, he is playing 2B to accommodate our 1B, who is playing 3B, to make room for our DH, because nobody else on the team is hitting

Hard to argue this.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Just a terrible at bat, swing at the first pitch that is a ball outside and roll over on it.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Other than Wacha and Mikolas I don’t know if anyone else is capable of a clean inning. And our hitters can’t hit pitchers with 8 eras. I got negative before the pirates walk off and hopefully we turn the corner again but I’m not seeing it right now

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just not a good series. Unfortunately the Cards seem to have a couple of these a year the last few years and that’s why they’ve struggled to make the wild card. I’m afraid a shakeup is going to be needed or this team will be sitting at home in October again this year.

I’m not sure exactly what it is but they’re just not doing enough right now.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Cecil has a 7.04 ERA.

I don’t know which FA contract was worse – Cecil’s or Fowler’s.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

I’m not sure exactly what it is but they’re just not doing enough right now.

I know exactly what it is – they’ve lost their identity.

Two offseasons ago, we were going to go back to be a defense-first team. Now, we prioritize hitting, and nobody is hitting.

This is top-down stupidity, and heads need to roll.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Multi-dimensional failure in progress

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cecil has a 7.04 ERA.

I don’t know which FA contract was worse – Cecil’s or Fowler’s.

It’s interesting in that Fowler’s contract was pretty much considered a stretch to most observers (and hated by many here) but Cecil’s was pretty well loved compared to the big closer deals that were signed.

Cecil has struggled to stay healthy and has had two bad stretches to sour the feeling that he’s been a bust. Fowler was pretty decent last year and bad this year. If I had to put money on the one more likely to bounce back, it would be Fowler. Cecil might be spent. So probably Cecil is the worse deal.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Yeah and they’ve had several already this year (padres, twins, marlins). Couple that with 3 blown bullpen games to the brewers and 1 to the pirates and you get a team hovering around 500 who we understandably feel should be much better

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

but Cecil’s was pretty well loved compared to the big closer deals that were signed.

Cecil’s was considered a “game changing” overpay by most in the industry. The Cardinals were the only ones to overpay.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Cecil and Holland are what the Cardinal front office views as big time signing. Why is anyone surprised. Start the shake up with a hitting coach, and a new front office.

This team has been shut down for 6 innings by a bullpen that has an ERA of over 6. Their starter had an ERA over 6, the starter last night had not won again this year. Their offense up until the last two nights made ours look like murders row.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Guilmet picks up right where he left off last night. And then drops an F bomb as he leaves the field loud enough for it to be picked up on air.

Another gem of a signing by the front office.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.