2018 Reg Seas Game #57 – vs. Pirates – Sun 6/3

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #57 – vs. Pirates – Sun 6/3

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 RHP Michael Wacha (6-1, 2.71 ERA) vs. Nick Kingham (2-1, 3.75) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a big momentum game for the Birds after two walkoff wins sandwiched round the clunker on Friday. The schedule is pillow soft for the next nine games and it would be good to get a nice head start on what should (if the team plays up to snuff) be a push to get 10+ games over .500.

Wacha has been the most consistent starter so far, even with all the good performances on the staff. Gotta think that if he can get a quality start, the Cards stand a good shot to win.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

On the other side of the coin, the last time he faced the Cards, Kingham took a perfect game into the seventh. It could hinge on the relievers and the Bucs’ pen is ice cold.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The offense has to wake up, and the bullpen needs major improvement. It would be great to take the series.

Participant

Free

The offense has to wake up, and the bullpen needs major improvement. It would be great to take the series.

The offense hasn’t been there this year. I don’t think it improves much even if Carpenter gets his ops to .800. Too many hot and cold players and not a single run producing threat in this lineup where you can point to night in and out and say you’re confident that they can get you an RBI. One would have to be acquired and I don’t see it happening.

The bullpen is what it is. I could see them adding someone in a low level deal but it will have to find some help internally through the Memphis shuttle.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

If Mercer is at SS that play is made and they turn 2.

Bases Loaded, no out.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna grand slam!! 4-0 Cards

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Wacha at 48 pitches after 4. Complete game today? Or at least thru 8 would be nice. Ozuna two round-trippers in two days, C-Mart and Yadi about to return. Things are looking up for a change. Won’t mention the bullpen, but they can be less relevant with better offense if that trend continues. Time to rack up some W’s against Miami, Cincinnati, SD over the next week.

Participant

Does Wacha have a no hitter going right now?

Participant

Free

What an exciting game for Wacha!

Participant

Free

Cards 4-4-0

Pittsburg 0-0-2

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Does Wacha go out for the ninth? For his own health, the answer should probably be no. His pitch count is up there. But… It’s hard not to let the guy have a chance at something special.

Participant

Free

Rodriguez made him work for it. 8 innings and 107 pitches.

Participant

Free

Still throwing 97 there in the 8th….wow.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’ve been busy and just turned on the game. What have I missed?

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

What a day for Wacha. I wonder what the percentage is for guys entering the 9th with a no-hitter to actually throw a no-hitter. I bet it’s less than half because it seems like so many of them get broken up late. Oh, the tension. Just three more outs, is that too much to ask for?

Participant

Free

Just three more outs, is that too much to ask for?

Is Jim Joyce one of the umpires?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Geesh….just got home. Is Wacha really spinning a no-no???

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

LOL. He’s already having to get 28 outs because the BB to Polanco should have been a called strike 3 on the 2-2 pitch I believe.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Damn it

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lost the no hitter on the pinch hitter. Ah well…great work by Michael today.

Participant

Free

He looked like he was done in the AB to Moran.

Nice outing for Wacha.

Participant

Free

Why is MM using Hicks in a 5-0 game?

Participant

Free

Oh well, wanted to see the no-no but at least it was a clean hit to break it up. Great job Michael!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years