2018 Reg Seas Game #56 – vs. Pirates – Sat 6/2

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #56 – vs. Pirates – Sat 6/2

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

After Norris blew the save for Weaver, he gets the win on Wong’s walk off HR to the RF corner. Cards win 3-2 to improve to 31-25 on the season and lead the series 2-1.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Great debut by Gomber today!!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately he will likely get sent out soon.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sure was, Cardinals27. Three very nice frames. We had a few stars of the game, but I flip the game ball to Gomber for his sterling efforts in keeping the Bucs at bay during crunch time. Weaver…once again no “W”, but a nice performance all the same. And what a sweet stroke by Wong to end it. I urge everyone to refrain from any negative Wong posts for at least 24 hours. It’s kind of an unwritten baseball law….you hit the walk off dinger and all previous ills are forgotten for at least a day.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Most of the bullpen is a mess right now.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Good to see Wong come through today. Maybe a peek at what’s to come? And I’ll take Gomber for Cecil any day but will need to see him progress over the next few months. Good signs all around, though.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great to see Wong come through for the winner. His stats on balls in play have been absurdly bad this year, but you would expect they’ll improve. He still walks at a decent rate, doesn’t strike out much and plays great defense. It would be good to have him hitting more like last year.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wow. A .189 BABIP is really unlucky.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years