2018 Reg Seas Game #51 – at Brewers – Mon 5/28

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #51 – at Brewers – Mon 5/28

This topic contains 50 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by CardsRedSox4Ever CardsRedSox4Ever 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:10 p.m. RHP Luke Weaver (3-4, 4.31) vs. LHP Brent Suter (4-3, 4.56) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Figure Bader gets the start against the lefty? Carp is hitting well lately so he probably plays 2B today and Wong sits. Ideally I’d like to see:

2B Carpenter
    RF Bader
    CF Pham
    1B Martinez
    3B Gyorko
    LF Ozuna
    SS Muñoz
    C Kelly
    P Weaver

Man, this lineup can really use Dejong and Yadi back.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We are catching a Milwaukee team that is hot. They are on a roll. Very good chance we lose 2 of 3, or more, in this series. However, Weaver seems to pitch well at PNC Park so maybe he can toss a gem for us today.

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Where do the Brewers rank as a team in the NL as far as total strikeouts go?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I still don’t get the Carp/Jedd defensive alignment but whatever.

I am glad to see Ozuna bumped down a spot. I wished for that yesterday.

It is kind of sad to say but Pena is a better offensive threat for us than Kelly.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This upstart Milwaukee squad has notions to use this series as a springboard to run away and hide from St. Louis and Chicago in the contentious NL Central. And without Yadi, they have me very worried. We also get another glimpse at the guy we could have had in the off season deal with Miami. Take note of all of the “little” things that Yelich does to aid his club. I’ll be in attendance both tomorrow and on Wednesday for The Reyes Game, but today you guys have me…….hook, line and hopefully a formidable Weaver sinker.

grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

Baseball is already trending this way, but if this brewers team can get to the postseason with their rotation id expect the value of quality pen arms to rise significantly.

Their starting 5 just is simply below average, but they continue to win with their stellar pen and late offensive production supporting them..

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Brewers land a quality starter at the deadline they are going to be a handful going down the stretch.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards go down meekly in the 1st. Our arms better be ready in this series as these Brewers have been rocking the opposition with big inning after big inning. I really wanted to see “Flair”erty in this series….but I’ll “settle” for Reyes.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver breezes thru the 1st unobstructed. No score as we mozzy on along to the 2nd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A lot of empty seats here today which is amazing considering the high quality of play from their team. If I so say so myself, Wisconsin sports fans are great ones. Not necessarily from a knowledge aspect, but more from a fanatical one. Sort of like Cleveland fans. Ozuna with a one out base hit and now Bader lines one off Suter’s arm and is nipped at 1st base with Ozuna advancing safely to 2nd. Munoz Whiffs hacking to retire the side

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You know if you schuffle the letters in “Munoz” around, it comes an eyelash away from spelling “Ozuna”

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll hate to see this young man go, but I really can envision Weaver in an Orioles uniform. Now Braun lines a 1 out double into the right field corner. And look is there! Jose Martinez robs Villar of a base hit to right….
    and you just have to give Oquendo an assist on that one. Pena a base knock to center and Milwaukee has seized a 1-0 advantage.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Supposedly this Saladino fellow comes from a long line of cooks. You wonder if any of them have the nickname “Chef”? On 3-0, Carpenter lays a bunt down into nowhere land (3rd base) and he could crawl backwards safely into 1st due to the defensive shift being deployed….sweet! Martinez a can of corn to right to finish the frame.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel mighty lonely. Any other talkative souls here today????

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With one out in the 3rd, Yelich promptly cranks on over the right field wall to give the Crew a 2-0 advantage. Can anybody beat these guys!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Munoz with a super defensive gem to retire Aguilar and the side!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cy Suter mowing us down with the greatest of ease. 1-2-3 in the 4th…2 of them via the strike out route.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve said it before, Weaver’s stuff isn’t good enough to throw so many pitches up in the zone. That’s why he keeps giving up the HRs, IMHO. If he’s going to be good and last at the major league level, he’s going to need to be Duncanized (i.e. hammered and hammered about keeping the ball down).

Pugs, I’m here but I have to get outside and do some yard soon.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Braun laying good wood on Weaver offerings in his 2 at bats thus far. Braun straddling 1st with one out….now he finally drifts off a few steps west. Weaver then trys to pick him off but throws it away….Braun into 2nd….E-1. Next man up, Villar, coaxes a 3-2 wayward one, putting runners at 1st & 2nd with 1 out. Gary Stevens the home plate ump? I thought he was a jockey. Tell you what…if this Gary Stevens would have hopped aboard Secretariat, he would have finished dead last …if he even finished at all. Pina pops out to 2nd and hopefully Luke can weave out of this pickle. Chef Saladino walks and now the bases are overflowing with Brewers…..Maddox strolls out for a little chat with his young hurler…..not difficult to read those lips….”just don’t walk the b****** whatever you do”! Suter lines it off Martinez’ glove and it will trickle away….1 run is in….here comes another…and now Saladino has aspirations to making it 3 as he comes barreling in from 3rd and he is out by a mile! But the damage has been done as the Crew now has a 4-0 lead , but right here is Exhibit A as to what Weaver has to improve on… 8 pitches to the opposing pitcher! Come on, he’s better than that!

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Martinez and Carpenter playing defense in the same infield will never be a championship formula.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadilissio Munoz with a 2-run tater to left and just like that we get t hise 2 runs back!! 4-2 Crew.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Muñoz cuts the lead in half with a 2-run shot.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years