2018 Reg Seas Game #50 – at Bucs – Sun 5/27

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #50 – at Bucs – Sun 5/27

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:35 pm RHP Miles Mikolas (6-0, 2.24) vs. RHP Jameson Taillon (2-4, 4.56) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Chance of rain in Pittsburgh. If it was Wacha’s turn, I would expect a delay.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hey, Kelly’s back. Can he be our hero?

At the beginning of the year I lobbied for Pham to hit in the 3 spot. Now that he is struggling a little, he finally has been put there. He’s our best all-around hitter though, and should be at #3.

Ideally I would like to see Wong hit second, or even first and Martinez fifth. But Kolten has not been consistent enough to earn a higher position. He has the ability to be ideal at the top of the order, but has not quite gotten to that level.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Pham hitting third. I also like DeJong hitting third. I think Ozuna should be dropped to fifth or sixth until he turns it on.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a big swing game for the Cards, and the Pirates as well. Both teams have scuffled lately and with the series against the Brewers looking winnable, St Louis needs to win this series.

Hopefully Mikolas is effective and the offense can score some runs.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marp with the leadoff double, comes around on the 2 out single by Ozuna. 1-0 Cards.

Participant

4-1 Pirates. Mikolas needs the offense to pick him up.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Once again the Cards are making a mediocre pitcher look like a Cy Young candidate. Good teams need to close out series. 1-4 runs is not going to cut it.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Mikolas also needs the defense to pick him up. 16 stolen bases against the Cardinals and not one single basestealer thrown out. That’s now an mlb record to start the season.

Its only the 6th inning but this game appears to be over with the Cardinals stagnant uninspiring offense.

Participant

I am watching the game and for some reason the announcers seem to think that Pham’s ground ball should have been scored a hit. What play were they watching. That was an error.

Participant

Ozuna needed to come through right here right now but he bails out Taillon by hitting into a DP. Frustrating to say the least.

Participant

Kelly pops up with men on second and third and one out. Up to Gyorko.

Participant

He comes through! 4-3

Participant

Bader ties it!

Participant

Pirates bullpen sucking big time. 5-4 on a bases loaded walk to Munoz

Participant

6-4 slow ground out by Kelly.

Participant

Free

Pirates are beating themselves. Nice implosion of their bullpen that inning.

Participant

Free

Tuivailala and Hicks look impressive out of the pen today. Cards hold a 6-4 lead going into the 9th

Participant

Free

Tyler O’Neil picks up the Golden Sombrero award going 0-5 in the process.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards win 6-4 to take the road series two games to one. Their overall record is 28-22.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to sneak out with the series win. Admittedly it didn’t look possible after the first game clunker. I don’t want to read too much into it because there have been a number of wins this year that looked like they could jump start the team…but it would be nice to get on a run.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nice to have a little momentum going into Milwaukee.

Participant

Paid - Annual

O`Neill now has as many 4K games as Pham.Pham and Carpenter also have more Ks than games played.Pham also hitting .219 for May. 73 ABs 16 Hits 6 HR-10 RBI 27 Ks 9 BB
    Carpenter 46 games 15 Multi-strikeout games
    Pham45 games 14 multi strikeout games
    Ozuna 46 games 10 multi strikeout games
    Fowler 43 games 10 multi strikeout games along with his .158 BA
    O`Neill 14 games 3 multi strikeout games

So O`Neill is in a roughstretch but he is far from being alone in missing pitches on this team.Even “wonderboy-the greatest thing since sliced bread Pham has missed his share this season especially in May.

Participant

Free

I don’t care if this team is 28-22. John Mabry should not keep his job as hitting coach.

Participant

Free

O’Neil seems like Grichuk part 2 as his strike zone awareness is a joke

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years