2018 Reg Seas Game #47 – vs. Royals – Wed 5/23

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #47 – vs. Royals – Wed 5/23

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if something has happened with Pham’s eyes? Now 21 Ks in his last 46 AB.

Participant

Free

ugh first 3 game series the Royals have won all year, how pathetic.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For the record, the Cards drop the game, 5-2 and series 1-2, to KC. The Royals are now 16-33 and St. Louis is 26-21.

The Cardinals are off Thursday.

P.S. Ozuna was a late scratch because he overslept this morning.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Overslept for a 12 pm game? How much sleep do you need? My goodness, is the team just going through the motions already??

Participant

Free

Well, if he overslept, let him ride pine for a week.

Someone needs to start sending the players a message.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Cards2016, couldn’t agree more! It’s about accountability, and Ozuna needs to learn a lesson and let the others see it too.

As far as the game, if Matheney is using analytics to move his relievers in and out, I’d sure like to see that data. It seems very haphazard to me especially when he brings in (or leaves in) questionable relief late in close games. And if I were Wacha, I’d be going apoplectic with relievers and coaches who made bad decisions and couldn’t keep KC from scoring AFTER I had kept them to 1 run. The other starters need to start chatting it up with their relievers too…C’mon, man!

Participant

Free

Overslept. Lol. His bat has overslept since the start of the season. It may be time to explore the options for a short sale. Just saying.

Participant

Free

Was he available to PH?

Not a great way to head to Pittsburgh and likely lose 2 of 3. It’s panic mode time officially with this team.

Participant

The lackadaisical culture that has taken hold on this team is becoming more and more apparent. Management has done little to stem that tide so it will continue until Matheny loses the reins of the club. Players will continue to push the limit of what will be tolerated, that is certain.

IMO the “people make mistakes. I’m human” excuse is really saying, (shrugging shoulders) management won’t do anything to me anyway. A poor precedence has already been set regarding tolerance of behavior.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, not a good thing when your clean-up hitter, acquired in what was considered the club’s signature deal during the off season, does not play due to oversleeping. Compound that with his lack of production so far, and you have yourself a bad situation.

Still a long way to go, but right now the club would be better with O’Neill as the every day left fielder, and Alcantara and Reyes as two stud young pitchers ready to push their way onto the big league roster. Obviously one of them would be in the bullpen, which is the area that really needs a boost (along with the offense).

At least Reyes is still there to offer the hope that better days are ahead. And Ozuna will come around, but he needs to at least show up on time!

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Every player gets a free pass on a stupid move or personal mistake and maybe… as long as they produce

Ozuna hasnt been producing so he gets a free pass this once…and that’s it…people have been treating him with kid gloves giving plenty of excuses for his less than stellar play…i think because there was this idea that we need to “woo” him into re-signing…but with his play and now dumb actions that should be gone

Ozuna got his free pass on the oversleeping and his honeymoon pass on getting “used” to the new club or “pressing to impress the new club” is now gone entirely too

I dont care about the oversleeping ONCE…i could even handle the poor early play…but combined now all his excuses are gone…if he makes a dumb move again…fine and bench him…if he isnt doing what a cleanup hitter should be doing…move him down in the order or bench him…

I am not so certain the team shoudlnt consider trading Ozuna if they could get a good deal…he still is controlled for next year and makes little money this year…

If we could find a partner for Fowler (with eating some money), and a partner for Ozuna would we really be losing that much from our production by slotting in ONeill and Bader full time with Pham?

If Ozuna can’t live up to his promise and cant be bothered enough to do his job and wake up on time (or at least pay someone to do it) then why have him? If he doesnt like the Cardinals or St Louis or whatever then so be it…move on

As much as I am disappointed with Fowler for his current play, I have no reason to question his loyalty to the team and his enthusiasm for the organization… he has donee a lot to earn that…even with poor play and a boated contract… OZuna hasnt earned anything with the fans…he literally messed up doing the absolute LEAST amount of work for his job…showing up

Participant

Paid - Annual

The narrative about him “trying too hard” and “pressing” is going to be more difficult to sell now.

Participant

Free

As much as I am disappointed with Fowler for his current play, I have no reason to question his loyalty to the team and his enthusiasm for the organization… he has donee a lot to earn that

What has Fowler done to show loyalty to the Cardinals? I’ve seen a lot of loyalty to the Cubs (moving his baby’s birthdate for Cubs weekend, etc), not so much for the Cardinals. Unless you consider being last one to show up on game day and first one out after the game to be leadership and loyalty (keep in mind, that article was written by Ortiz, who was Fowler’s biggest fan before he actually started playing here).

Participant

Free

Perhaps Ozuna should use some of the millions he is making to buy a six dollar alarm clock.

His conduct is irresponsible.

He is paid millions to play baseball and to comport himself like a responsible adult. He is doing neither.

Is it asking too much for someone merely to get up in the morning and get to work on time? This is an attitude problem.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Good gawd some of you are acting like he killed some one. He is human, he committed a human act, he overslept and paid the penalty. Come down off your high horses. Geezus.

Personally lithe only times I’ve overslept were restless nights were I couldn’t calm my brain. We have no idea the cause for Ozuna’s oversleep.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree BHC. A majority of fans were probably pleased to see O’Neill in the lineup instead of Ozuna anyway.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It could have been worse…. at least Sleeping Beauty didn’t take a knee during the Anthem. I say let bygones be bygones. Marcell is most likely trying anything he can think of to snap out of his slump. Somebody probably gave him some bad advice ( wouldn’t be surprised if it was Fowler or Holland ) about getting enough sleep and he overdid it on the Nyquil. We’ll forget all about this little siesta episode if he starts whacking the ball.

Participant

As much as I am disappointed with Fowler for his current play, I have no reason to question his loyalty to the team and his enthusiasm for the organization… he has donee a lot to earn that…even with poor play and a boated contract

thej…. you may have some inside information on all of the enthusiasm Fowler has shown. I haven’t heard anything about it. Please share what you know. Loyalty must be a misprint.

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years