2018 Reg Seas Game #41 – vs. Phillies – Thu 5/17

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #41 – vs. Phillies – Thu 5/17

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And Carlos Santana does his best Ryan Howard impersonation by drilling one way over the center field wall to lead off the Phillie 5th…….437 is the official tale of the tape and the Phillies seize a 1-0 advantage.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If it’s our Cardinals it does not bode well for our base coaches…..especially since we hardly ever swipe a base too, BlackHills.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver blinks first and allows the solo homer. He’s hunkered down and struck the next two out though.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver comes back to K the side after yielding the leadoff Santana blast…..we mossy along to the Cardinal 5th in a 1-0 Phillie ballgame.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Our lineup is garbage!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pugs, Pena is halfway to those four hits!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well there goes PBP for the night. I’m back posting from my phone as the Cardinal Nation suddenly will not allow me to post from my home computer….its that same pink colored notification saying that my reply (post) cannot be created. I tried to log back in, but when I went back again to submit my 5th inning call of the action, it was gone. And that 5th frame was my best call of an inning yet here in 2018…now gone forever. Oh what the heck, everyone seems to disappear when I do PBP these days anyway. Could be for one of two reasons….either posters immediately hit the road when I do PBP OR they are so into the PBP action that they can’t muster the strength to post….I would like to think it’s the later. Well one thing is for sure…..I shall return to the PBP booth soon once again!

Love,

Pugsley

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Didn’t know if anyone else realized that, Brian. Pena looks good at the dish tonight. Maybe his hitting light has turned on.
    His father could surprise you at the plate too every now and then.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Why are Fowler and Carpenter both in the lineup? One automatic out is more than enough.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carpenter shaking his arm after wheeling to make a (late) throw as Herrera beat out an infield single. I don’t like saying it, but I bet Wong would have made that play.

Pugs, I am sorry your computer seems to be partially allergic to the site.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Weaver needs to make one more pitch

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wondering if maybe this Altherr fellow of the Phils is related to Tommy Herr in some fashion? My last name is Martin. A few generations ago our family shortened our name from Martinelli to Martin. I’m thinking since Herr is a short name, that possible the Herr family decided to add an “Alt” to their name, making it Altherr. Hard to believe Tommy never hit double-digit homers in a year….especially that season where he drove in 110. Also difficult to envision Tommy in some of those uniforms that he suited up in during the twilight of his career. I can picture Tommy in a Phils uni, but not a Twins, Mets or Giants.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Weaver should be out of this inning already.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

And there that pitch is. Weaver deserves better than what the bats have given him tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No problem Brian…..I’ll have to get one of the world famous Geeks over to check it out….to the tune of about $300……but what the heck it’s only dirty paper.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Luke did all we could really ask if him tonight. Only the one big mistake and was pretty efficient. Just hard luck with his offense not showing up…but that seems to be the norm lately. Hopefully they can get to Velasquez this inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards are in business here in the 7th with runners at 2nd & 3rd with just 1 out, compliments of a Carpenter double that just maybe should have been corralled. Pitching change forthcoming.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Just god awful base running

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ouch! Could not plate even one cookie. Still 1-0 Phils heading to the 8th.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Another poor baseball play by Hicks. Just a poorly coached team.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

This could get freaking ugly fast.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For anyone who could remember when Nolan Ryan was a rookie reliever with NY. Are there many similarities between Ryan and Hicks?….and now the Phils extend their lead to 3-0 in the 8th and still no outs with runners at 1st & 2nd….and we’re in trouble now. But Cardinal fans look at the bright side….our offense gets to face Jake A. tomorrow evening.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Not sure what is worse, the luck this inning or having to listen to McCarver.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

4-0 now and Philadelphia is ready, willing and able to turn this affair into a laugher. Still no outs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Franco up with the bases overflowing with Phillies. Remember Julio Franco? That dude is probably still playing somewhere….and still raking.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.