2018 Reg Seas Game #4 – at Brewers – Mon 4/2

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #4 – at Brewers – Mon 4/2

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brewers take two right back on another big blast, this one by Eric Thames. 8-4 B6th and looks like Mikolas is running out of steam.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bud Norris, who remains a member of the Cardinals, just got out of a big jam that Mikolas left to protect the 8-4 lead. Cards now batting in T7th.

Participant

Gyorko has a hamstring strain

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards pick up a nice 8-4 win in Milwaukee to even their record at 2-2. Jordan Hicks, pitching in his second consecutive game, was again impressive in getting the final four outs. It was a non-save situation.

Participant

Free

Nice win.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader is probably on a plane right now

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to see some offense these last couple games. Hopefully they keep rolling.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

My question is how many games can Mikolas win when giving up three long balls – even if he hits one himself?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas kept the Cards in the game.He did his job.He pitched into the 6th inning and with the million man bullpen the Cards have i see no big deal.If you are going to have a million man bullpen you might as welll use it.As for giving up Homers in Milwaukee …………………..everybody gives up HRs in Brewers park.I like the fact that Mikolas didn`t bellyup like Carlos the day.

Participant

Free

Bummer to lose Gyorko there. Luckily, it seems that we have been already giving Carpenter starts at 3B.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bw52, a million just doesn’t buy what it used to! 😉

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Good win today. Had to watch without sound in the office, but appeared our pitching was finally up to the challenge. Norris looked really good. The Brewers batters looked lost at the plate, but can’t tell if that’s our pitching or their hitting. Maybe a little of both. Gyroko had a hammie pull late last year too as I recall – not a good sign 4 games in. J-Mart has to improve at 1st. it’s not like he hasn’t watched a slew of 1st basers in his 8(?) years in the minors. C’mon man!

Participant

Paid - Annual

The home run Pina hit was on a very good pitch. Just out of the lower outside of the zone with velocity and movement. Credit Pina. The second homer was a hanging curve and I didn’t see the homer hit by Thames. I suppose he will punish us agian this year while hitting .200 against the rest of the league.

Early but I wonder how many still fear that DeJong will have the “Diaz Disease”. So far the extended deal looks pretty good. He still swings at too many low breaking pitches.

Glad to see Munoz get his first hit. They pulled the old throw another ball into the stands trick when his game ball was tossed to the dugout. Think he was trying to do too much in earlier games.

Too bad to see Gyorko going down. Wong will be the one helped the most with his absence.

Too bad that Hicks didn’t get his first save. Looks like his velocity was down 1-2 mpr but his low sinking fastball and curve are devastating. Will he stay up when Holland reports. He is making it hard. If Flaherty is lights out tomorrow it will make for hard decisions when Waino is back. Good problem to have.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good. solid win. Liked what I saw of Mikolas early, although it would have been good to see him get through 6 and get a quality start. 4 earned in 5 2/3 usually is not a winning formula.

Too bad for Gyorko, as he looked like he could have gone on one of his hot streaks. Had to go to work during the last half of the game, so missed that part but it looks like the ‘pen did well.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years