2018 Reg Seas Game #27 – at Bucs – Sun 4/29

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #27 – at Bucs – Sun 4/29

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:35 p.m. RHP Luke Weaver (2-1, 4.85 ERA) vs. Nick Kingham (MLB debut) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

grayssportsalmanaccgrayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

have we totally abandoned the idea of spot starting martinez as an OF? I realize he is below average, but i figured he’d at least get a 10-15 starts out there. I dont know that hiding him at 1b is any better than rf when fowler needs a day off..

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader starts the wrong game in the series, of course. I don’t think it’s a major stretch to say that starting Fowler and his 0-5, 3K performance was a major side factor to losing the game Friday. Hopefully Harrison can get a couple hits against the rookie today and make Matheny look better.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I truly believe that Matheny needs to talk to Herzog about how to construct a lineup.

r/Rat

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Today I don’t cringe when I see a ball at the 3Bman.

Participant

Free

Cardinals are being no-hit through six innings…

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

pitch through it Weaver, get your DP ball.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

if ever you wanted 6′-7″” Jose at 1B……..

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pirates completely owning the Cards — better D, better pitching, better hitting, better managerial decisions, etc. We must look like the Reds to them.

Participant

Free

Just amazing how this team cannot hit. Swept! Ugly

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Starter once again can’t go 6, followed by immediate pen failure (Hicks this time).

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Card downs 4-0. With two outs in the 7th, DeJong ended the perfect game bid of the rookie Kingham in his debut. It was a single to LF. Ozuna followed with ground out, so it’s stretch time.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’ve never seen a team win a game where the other pitcher throws a perfect game. Also, I’ve never seen a pitcher make a debut and it be a perfect game. I’ve never understood why this is a plague the Cardinals have never been able to overcome.

Side Note: Jordan Hicks now has a 7.244 BB/9. He needs more development and I’m not sure it should with the parent club. The inability of the bullpen to do their jobs was a huge reason the entire bullpen was restructured and beside the surprising turnaround by Bud Norris, John Brebbia’s arrival and the second coming of Mike Mayers it has been a steaming pile of Clydesdale manure. Might was well burn the money that was invested in this bullpen.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As good as it felt things were going coming into this series is as bad as things feel now. Can’t hit, bullpen is as bad as the last two years. To have zero base runners until the very end of the 7th against a no name making his MLB debut is a joke.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wow is about all you can say as to how our half of the 8th ended. We’ve been nothing short of a big joke this weekend.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

yadi is a smarter base runner than that. evidently he’s ready to board a plane.

Participant

Free

Welp folks! Everyone was hinting that the pitching might be an issue for both rotation and bullpen.

Fowler and Carpenter have not been producing. I think you’ve got to give them a little more time but the clock is ticking.

Participant

Free

What happened to this team on the plane ride from the Lou to Pittsburgh? Did the plane get hijacked and all of the players cloned?

Participant

Free

On the bright side the Cardinals were apart of this history making start:

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Embarrassing series. Some of the names have changed but the outcome is the same as last year — poor relief, poor base running, poor at bats. It also seems (still) that the Cards are unable to scout effectively. Every new opposing pitcher throws them off – and that’s a problem with scouts, coaches and hitters, all are at fault, but it’s a trend, so I’d start with the scouts. They should have some idea of how these new pitchers are going to throw, but our team seems flat footed every time.

I’m no longer a Fowler fan either. Not totally against him, but he needs to step up and produce at the plate. I guess that’s what $16.5M gets you these days.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards are swept out of Pittsburgh with a 5-0 Sunday loss. St. Louis is 15-12, 8-12 against non-Reds teams. But hey, at least they weren’t no-hit by a 26-year old in his MLB debut.

Participant

Free

It still seems like the front office is going to run the team literally into the ground before they admit that their approach has failed…

Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s time and everyone in the Cardinal organization certainly must know it.

Participant

They will win enough to stay near the wildcard. If they get in the front office will feel validated and keep doing what they are doing. If they don’t get in but stay in contention they will feel validated also and will think a couple of small changes is all that is needed.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years