2018 Reg Seas Game #21 – vs. Reds – Sun 4/22

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #21 – vs. Reds – Sun 4/22

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

carpenter = DH

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

And just like that the Reds pounce on Carp’s error. This game is frustrating watching the Cards inept offense. And Carp is a horrible 3B. His defense is beyond awful.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CHA-CHING!!!

Participant

Free

Beautiful at bat there by DeJong and Fowler. Fowler was done 0-2 and worked a walk then DeJong fouled two strikes to get his pitched which he parked over the wall. 6-2 Cards!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice insurance runs there. Would be great to finish off the sweep.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

That outburst occurred right after the broadcasters noted how effective the Reds bullpen had been recently.

Non-save situation with the four-run lead and Norris is in for the eighth. Who gets the ninth?

Participant

Free

I like bringing Norris in for this innings with the heart of the Reds’ lineup. I’m assuming Hicks isn’t available after pitching 2.1 yesterday.

This tweet isn’t related to this game but I found it cool. Check it out:

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope its Holland who threw 14 pitches Thursday. get the work in and get him back to elite.

Participant

Free

JMart with a bad day at the office 1-5 and 6 LOB but Fowler has had an awesome day. 1-1 with a single, 1 run, 1 rbi and 4 walks!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards win 9-2 as the rain falls to sweep the Reds in the three-game home series. St. Louis’ record is now 13-8. Off day Monday.

Participant

Free

Holland dominated the Reds in the 9th! 11 pitches with 7 strikes! Nice outing from him. We will need him to be sharp.

Offense finally came alive, Mikolas and bullpen were solid. Only big qualm is Carp…looks lost in the box and in the field.

Participant

Free

So glad this reds team is just flat out bad giving us free wins is always huge

Participant

Paid - Annual

Keep the 5 man bench.Don’t need 13 pitchers.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Like I was saying earlier this week, you’d have to be borderline cRaZy to not believe we were going to sweep these guys again this weekend. These Redlegs are so horrific that I think they need to add a new column to the standings. Of course we already have the columns for “W”(Wins), “L”(Loss), “GB” (Games Behind) and “GBW” (Games Behind Wildcard). Why not for 2018 have a “GRR” for (Games Remaining with Reds)? Since any team can basically count a “GRR” as a win, it really gives we fans a glimpse into how things are going to shape up in the divisional and wild card races….especially in the NL Central, where it’s teams are the fortunate recipients of many “GRR”s. Now Cincinnati fans can fear not as this “GRR” column may just be a one year thing. Next year during the month of April if the Reds look as if they are serious contenders to win 40+ games, then the “GRR” column can certainly be removed.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years