2018 Reg Seas Game #21 – vs. Reds – Sun 4/22

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #21 – vs. Reds – Sun 4/22

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m., RHP Miles Mikolas (2-0, 4.26 vs. RHP Luis Castillo (1-2, 6.75), FS Midwest/KMOX

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I’ll be there on Sunday with the nephew and my best friend and his son. Pretty good deal for kids. Ice cream, Yadi players weekend jersey and a ticket voucher for a select game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bullish on our Birds, but feel compelled to call this game as I see it. This simply is a game that we cannot under any circumstances win. I like nothing better than sitting down on Sunday afternoons and catching our Cards in action. Tomorrow (Sunday) I’m hitting the fairways.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Whats the weather like in St. Louis? The Doppler Radar shows nothing but green stuff around St. Louis and it appears more is on the way. Any chance this game gets postponed?

r/Rat

14NyquisT
    Participant

I hate to hear about young people pushed to the brink of death (see Danny Poncedeleon). Farquhar is 31 and this is a tragic story for anyone. One just doesn’t expect an active pro athlete to have this type of thing happen to them. In a split second you’re pitching in a MLB game, the next second you’re fighting for your life. It makes you think.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/danny-farquhar-critical-after-brain-hemorrhage/c-273152256

PadsFS
    Participant

Really hoping Mikolas can get it going against the Reds. He needs a good outing. He’s just a couple pitches a game from putting it together.

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Excited to see Flaherty against the Mets

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess with off day Monday the current staff could go on normal rest and another starter would not be due until Saturday.

Still would like to see Flaherty in the Mets series.

grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

waino to DL and brebbia up, who is taking the rotation spot? I must be missing something

PadsFS
    Participant

I bet Flaherty comes up on Tuesday and they send Bader or O’Neill back down.

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Assume Brebbia is bullpen support until the day Flaherty would need activated when he takes the start. If not Brebbia could also go back to a 4 man bench

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

O’Neill in LF and Bader in center

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The game is supposed to start in about an hour and a half. Its overcast but the sky is light grey with some whitish clouds mixed in. It doesn’t look at all like its going to rain anytime soon. Clouds around the St. Louis area tend to push south during the daytime, and push north during the night. So I’m guessing that the rain that’s happening to the south of St. Louis now will not move up to St. Louis.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Thanks for the weather report mudville. The Doppler Radar showed St. Louis engulfed in green and what was to the south seemed to be heading north.

Hope we get this game in today. Pugs is going to miss out on the sweep since he will be out making bogeys and double bogeys.

r/Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What is up with Tyler Lyons? Coming into this season he was mentioned as a closer candidate and he literally can’t get anyone out. Has he been hanging around Cecil too much?

Considering he is out of options and with the numbers crunch we have is he possibly playing himself into a DFA?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gs, i’ll add bowman to the Lyons list. without the names present it would be hard to tell their 2018 numbers apart.

little somethin-somethin going here…. sacks full

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong very disciplined with his right hand when fielding.

NJ315
    Participant

Wong goes BOOM! 1-0

grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

Some kind of not good news thats not backed by hard evidence …

I had a lunch with our corporate attorney today, he said that there is now new evidence that in the process of being presented in the cmart/taveras scandal that will lead to a criminal indictment in august…i have no idea why august, or what the evidence is because he wouldnt go into it in further detail, but he seemed pretty positive. Again just what i heard from him, hope hes wrong…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

wong hunting better pitches. missed that one but I like the pickier approach.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Man this team has left a ton of runs on the bases…so many missed chances to make this game a blowout. This game should be a blowout considering how bad Castillo is pitching.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

2-10 with RISP and 6 LOB….game should be basically over at this point but nah Cards keep bailing Castillo out. Offense is frustrating and O’Neill hasn’t looked good in only 1 at bat (sac fly in the 3rd).

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miss another opportunity to add on runs.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

another DP to snuff out a scoring opportunity. stl OBP through 5 innings = .458

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.