2018 Reg Seas Game #129 – at Rockies – Fri 8/24

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #129 – at Rockies – Fri 8/24

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ouch! Hicks had LeMahieu in the Mariana Trench 0-2…. and then walks him!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

You might be right about the zzz’s, Pugs. I think there are still some fireworks left in this one, so you don’t want to miss it. I also just had a cup of coffee, so I’m good to go for even extra innings if need be.

Hicks just walked LeMahieu and gave up a single to Blackmon in the 8th with one out. Too bad Shildt didn’t ask us if he should leave Carlos in the game! Bear down Hicks.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks K’s Dahl….2 down, but up comes Arensdo.

Yeah Euro, if she goes 20 innings tonight, you, me and Booyah will take us the distance.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Is Norris up?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another walk and now the sacks are overflowing with Rockies…..come back in Carlos!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whew! Hicks gets out of it to preserve the lead.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cargo grounds out to Wong to extinguish the threat!!!….just like we said…great move to bring in Hicks in this situation!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hicks survives the 8th by getting CarGo to ground out with the bases full.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Headed to the bottom of the 9th…Norris in to close it out!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we hold on to win this baby you have to toss out 3 game balls…one to Carlos, one to Euro, as when he arrived the Colorado bats disappeared, and finally one to Eagle Eye Booyah for being the first one to see those little maple leafs on O’Neill’s bat.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

COME ON BUDDY BOY!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Muñoz replace Martinez in RF. Norris retires Story for the first out. Two more to go.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Muñoz replace Martinez in RF. Norris retires Story for the first out. Two more to go.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow that Story can book it! Wonder who is more fleet of foot….Bader or Story!! I’d pay good cash money to see that race.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank God Munoz was inserted into right for common sense purposes as no way Jose catches that scorcher!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Attaboy, Muñoz make a nice grab on a sharp liner to retire Desmond. One more out to go. Then a 2-out double for McMahon on play where O’Neill didn’t exactly look to graceful in LF.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Norris walks Iannetta to bring the winning run to the plate.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

1st and 3rd with 2 outs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

NORRIS FOR PRESIDENT!!! 7-5 Good Guys your happy final!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hung on by a thread, but good to win game 1. Some nice work by the bullpen, although not without some hitches. Up 1 in the Wild Card!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Norris gets the save on a LeMahieu grounder for the force at second. That play was too close for comfort.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Colorado isn’t as good as us. I don’t think Arizona is either IMO.

I really think we have the advantage over all these teams in the WC. Milwaukee and LA scare me the most. I think ATL and Philly are vulnerable. Rather go into the WC playing both of those but I want my revenge on Chicago!

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Pirates take a 6-4 lead in the 14th but they surrender a 2 run single after the pitcher strikes our Braun but walks the pitcher. lol

Brewers win 7-6 on a single by Arcia

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow…what a comeback by Milwaukee! That should put enough fuel in their tank to ride them right into post season play. If any NL contender goes into a bad stretch (see Pittsburgh), they’re out…and this includes Chicago.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Funny, we haven’t seen nate around these parts for weeks. 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.