2018 Reg Seas Game #119 – vs. Nats – Mon 8/13

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #119 – vs. Nats – Mon 8/13

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Worst part is that because Gyorko could not handle Garcia’s throw, the double play is out now.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

How much do you have to see to know Norris hasn’t got it. This has not been Shildt’s finest game.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

You could tell he didn’t have it, Why it took so long IDK,,

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Hudson saves Norris’ backside

858booyah
    Participant

Free

We should’ve won this game 3 times over.

Let’s revert back to our old days and walk it off!

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Now DeJong with the winner! Great win by the Cards.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

My whipping boy is up

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

LOL, what a roller coaster win.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

DeJong!!!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Nine games over .500 is a new season best. 64-55.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Wow, that game had heartbreak written all over it for the Cardinals, given how they kept missing opportunities.

Instead, it’s the Nats with their second heartbreaker in a row…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It felt like the Cards should’ve been killing them all the while feeling like the Cards were most likely going to lose. To win like this to extend the winning streak, maybe something really good is brewing.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Let’s get to the Wild Card!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, what a game. Big comeback and a lot of resolve shown. These are the games that the team struggled to win earlier in the year and now they’re starting to happen.

Now let’s bury Gio today.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The vision is still a bit cloudy, but I’m beginning to get a glimpse of these chaps jumping up and down on each other in late October or early November….pipedream???

NJ315
    Participant

Not all I have been having the same vision

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, I would feel better if the rotation was whole. That said, they are playing like they believe in themselves and that’s important.

I think the Dodgers have the best overall team in the NL but losing Jansen is big and they’ve been inconsistent. The Cubs have a terrible rotation to go with a good offense. The Brewers get by on their bullpen alone, it seems. The Braves and Phillies are young. The Dbacks are solid but is there any team you absolutely couldn’t see this team taking a series from right now? Those teams all reside in the AL, for me.

Keep winning, get to the playoffs and anything can happen.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

like i said…wait out the starters and take it to the relievers for Washington!

nice work Cards!

seems to be a little magic in these guys right now…they probably need to lose a few to make sure it is for real and not just a runners high but i like what i am seeing and not just from the kids

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cubs are still the team to beat in the NL but we are only 5 back. We need to keep putting the pressure on them and remember we have 3 games at Wrigley to close the season.

I’m not sure if the Dodgers will even win their division. Everyone thought it was over when they got Machado but they seem to be sputtering.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great way to start this stretch of play versus .500+ teams. We will have a better idea of the post season chances after we get through this stretch of sixteen games against good clubs.

In fact pretty much all of our remaining schedule is against quality opponents. We play 3 against Detroit and 3 against an improved Cincinnati team, but other than that every opponent is competitive. We have 7 games against LA still.

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.