2018 Reg Seas Game #116 – at Royals – Fri 8/10

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #116 – at Royals – Fri 8/10

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Muñoz injured himself batting. He’s out and Adolis Garcia takes over the at bat

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Anyone else thankful Sparkman didn’t get the start for the Royals?

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

BADER!!!!!!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice shot by Bader. Seems it’s been a while since his last homer.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Back to back doubles for Yadi and Jmart to make it 7-0. So far it’s been a nice game all around for the Cards.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arizona, Milwaukee and Washington lost already today. Atlanta and Chicago won. LA leads Colorado and Pittsburgh also trails. If all the games hold up, the Cards would be 3.5 back of Atlanta and Milwaukee and 2.5 back of Arizona while moving a game ahead of Colorado in the WC hunt.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Poncedeleon got himself both into and out of a jam. Nice work.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Greg Garcia is catching. Any reason for that?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

That is still Pena catching.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards win 7-0. Six games over .500 at 61-55. Held onto third place.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good win for the Cards. Now to keep the momentum going tomorrow and get Flaherty another W!!

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Regarding Ankiel, I saw him pitch a game when he dropped down to Johnson City in an attempt to come back as a pitcher. His curveball was so good that the kids down there couldn’t come within a foot of it but he just could not throw a fast ball for a strike.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

So if we get close enough to the wild card by the end of the month do we become buyers and make a deal? (as in significant deal)

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Missed chance for Ross to get his feet wet.

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Booyah,

Garcia was warming up Poncedeleon between innings because Pena had been on base and was getting his gear on.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I prefer gombers curve, it tunnels better with his fastball. Late hard wiffle ball break.

You could identify Ankiels curve 10′ from release. Awesome pitch but it didnt make his other pitches better like Gombers does.

Batters identify Gombers curve very late, too late to adjust timing. With Ankiel batters could take a full cut, contact was the problem.

I think Gombers curve deserves an ankiel comparison / discussion.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bozo has a quality inside-out swing, with power. Best oppo swing on the team and I’m not forgetting yadis.

wagee12
    Participant

I really like this young southpaw. Classic left hander, long body and arms, straight over the top delivery. He looks like a keeper!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McBride, it is always possible the Cards do another deal but August deals can be difficult. A lot of hoops to jump through.

Donaldson could be a possibility if he comes back but I don’t know if we need another regular with a sore shoulder. We already have one in LF.

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.