2018 Reg Seas Game #116 – at Royals – Fri 8/10

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #116 – at Royals – Fri 8/10

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

After Thursday’s day off…
    7:15 p.m. LHP Austin Gomber (1-0, 4.10) vs. RHP Burch Smith (1-3, 6.41) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

wagee12
    Participant

So Brian and Bird Watchers, I know it is just a snapshot, but how do feel about the way the new skipper has managed the bullpen so far?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

No complaints on the pen. They’ve been awesome recently. Whatever you do works a lot better with better pitchers. Who knew that disposing of Holland, Lyons, Cecil, and Bowman from the active roster would translate to winning more games? Glad Mo saw right through that one.

Shildt hasn’t done anything that’s made me want to reach through the TV screen, which might’ve happened a time or two in the past. You are right, just a snapshot at this point, but he seems to have a “feel” for things, which is still important even in this age of analytics.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I agree with Euro.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with Euro and Brian.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with Euro, Brian and Pugs.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The question of tonight’s game…can Gomber give us 5-6 good innings? If there’s a quality start in that left arm, I think the Cards win easily. If not, it may be a struggle.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well the records would indicate we should take this series but we tend to play to our level of competition and the Royals always play up against us. This is basically the world series for them and their fans. They want to beat big brother.

wagee12
    Participant

I liked the move where he brought in the lefty for one batter and then immediately when to a right hander. I noticed that Washington signed Holland.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Holland was brought into the game today against the Cubs in the 7th inning at Wrigley. He gave up two hits and a walk and out he came.

It was 3-2 Cubs heading to the 8th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We tally 10+ runs tonight. I’m calling it 11-4 Good Guys with Munoz having a very big ballgame. No weather report request, Rat?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bozo at DH, Munoz in RF. You know the rest

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Yeah, seems like its been raining out around the Kansas City area as of late. Whats the weather like out there anyway? Hot and dry here in SW Indiana. .7 tenths of an inch in about the last month.

r/Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Have any barometric pressure or dew point readings for the greater Kansas City metropolitan area for tonight, Rat? I’m surprised nobody has posted them yet for you.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very nice inside-out swing by Bozo

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whose curve do you like better as a rookie, Ankiel or Gomber?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woo-Hoo!

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Salsa es en fuego

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The streak continues.
    4-0 good guys

NJ315
    Participant

This team is getting hot at the right time.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Cardinals drive the Royals pitcher from the game in the 2nd with 5 runs scored, including home runs by Pauly D and Hot Salsa, I mean DeJong and Carpenter

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Great job by Gomber, though he struggled with it. Gave up leadoff triple, a walk and HBP and escapes the inning unscathed other than pitch count and stress.

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Welp, Gomber made it through 5. That could be it for him.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whose curve do you like better as a rookie, Ankiel or Gomber?

Ankiel by a mile. Still makes me sad to think of the talent we lost when his fastball started sailing to the backstop.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.