2017 MLB Game #95: Cards at Mets: Thu July 20

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #95: Cards at Mets: Thu July 20

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Turned off the office tv after Rosie walked the lead off batter in the 9th. Knew how it would end. Sure enough…but didn’t count on a bone head error by our “elite” reliever. To MM: Rosenthal isn’t in Springfield, why, exactly?

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

I think Carp needs to shut his mouth and not throw teammates under the buss, especially with as many bone headed STUPID base running outs he has made this year.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Why isn’t Rosenthal in Springfield, really that is the question you ask? I mean if you are asking that question then wow you don’t get it.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What doesn’t he get???

Rosenthal is a disaster waiting to happen each and every time he takes the hill. As far as I am concerned we trade him for a sack of potatoes and be happy. I am tired of his act. This is the 4th year this crap has been going on with him.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

thank god your not the gm, your knee jerk reactions are pathetic.

i guess then you want to move carp for a baseball..ugh

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree that the offense stunk. But the bullpen has consistently failed to win games this year. It’s not a stretch to say that it’s the one spot that is the difference between the Cards being in the hunt for, if not the division leader right now and being rightful sellers. The ERA is alright but that hardly tells the story of their ineffectiveness. They are 8-19 now, when no other bullpen in the league has fewer than 10 wins, with only the Phillies more games under .500 in the pen.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At least Marp’s outs are from being too aggressive, rather than caution. While he probably shouldn’t have said anything to the media, I agree with his assessment. Rosie has been good for us but it’s time he brings back some needed prospects in a trade.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Well if he was in Springfield he’s be preparing to be a starter. What he’s been whining privately for a long time now.

And this team needs more player calling others out who’ve been allowed by the management and this ownership to foul up too many times. There’s no accountability within the dugout to punish these players for the boneheaded mistakes they make night in a night out. I’m sick of this crap and many of us are tired of it as well.

There’s no defending that play. Rosenthal needs to use his head and realize who’s at the plate and know if it’s hit to first he needs to get off his ass quickly and get to the bag. In a nutshell it what’s exactly wrong with this organization. You’ve got a mouth breather in the dugout and it rubs off on his players.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Onyxgem…your own words from a couple of weeks ago, and I quote:

“At this point this team is not going anywhere, THey really need to deal Lynn, Carp, Oh and even possible Rosenthal at min, and prob also look to deal one of the OF and an INF”

Whose knee jerk reaction?

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Yes it’s been what been on everyone’s tongue but no one wants to say it. We suck!

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Except Carpenter is the one who ran into that boneheaded play at 3B earlier this year and refused to admit he did anything wrong…

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

No Carp was being stupid not overly aggressive just flat out dumb. TO go call a teammate out after all the flat out STUPID errors you have made this year is childish and won’t help the team at all

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

There is big difference between where we are at in the season and the Fact that this team is NOT going anywhere with the bad manager, and the players who constantly make stupid plays then you are of watching you Sox and now the Cards…when i posted that it was pretty much shared thought that this team is going nowhere and it was time to trade some guys for prospects that is hardly knee jerk, well maybe you just don’t know what knee jerk even means.

PadsFS
    Participant

nt

PadsFS
    Participant

stlcard25
    Really disappointing to have the bullpen ruin games again and again and again. But it’s not suprising when you have a bunch of below average arms trying to patch together innings with 91 mph stuff. There are no elite arms besides Rosenthal in the bullpen. That needs to change.

Only Cecil and Bowman average 91. Everyone else is quite a bit above 91.

PadsFS
    Participant

Ratsbuddy
    Rosenthal is a disaster waiting to happen each and every time he takes the hill. As far as I am concerned we trade him for a sack of potatoes and be happy. I am tired of his act. This is the 4th year this crap has been going on with him.

I find your selective posting hilarious. Yes Rosenthal screwed up, but I didn’t see you clamoring for his trade in his last SIX outings when he didn’t give up a run or even a walk while striking out 10 batters. Try to be a little more consistent.

I’m positive the last time you posted was around July 1st, the last time he gave up a run.

Yep, shocking:

July 1, 2017 at 9:59 pm
    Ratsbuddy

Rosenberg is nerve wracking? Nah, cant be.

I mean, he only has been ever since he came into the league.

14NyquisT
    Participant

This team is flat, this team is boring, this team make too many little league mistakes, this team has little hustle, stick a fork in them…. this team is going nowhere fast. If it wasn’t for Pham, DeJong, Wacha and Lynn this team would have no pulse and pronounced d.o.a.
    Sorry, just being real…. long-time Cards fan here.

PadsFS
    Participant

I’ve enjoyed watching them this year still. I find it odd you put Wacha in that list and not Martinez also.

14NyquisT
    Participant

You’re right Carlos belongs there…. I went with their last 4 GSs because I’m talking about now and the recent past.
    Just out of curiosity, what is about this team that you enjoy? Or is it just that it is that baseball is the best game in the world. (without the replay nonsense).

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Who would you rather have: Bruce Sutter, Dennis Eckersley or Trevor Rosenthal?

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Ratsbuddy, besides the fact that I very much dislike that you feel it necessary to make fun of the names of players that don’t meet your standards, I also see you as someone who chooses to react without looking at the facts.

Rosenthal actually has a better save % than both Bruce Sutter and Dennis Eckersley with the Cardinals. Also, Rosenthal has averaged 63 games a year and only 4 losses a year. Sutter averaged 62 games a year and 8 losses. Eckersley averaged 57 games a year and 4 losses.

Rosenthal has actually been one of best closers in all the Cardinals history. Relying on your memory doesn’t always prove to be the best way to judge how a player has performed for a team.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Almost sounds like you’re arguing for Rosenthal to be in the HOF. The real point is consistency, Rosenthal’s career numbers are driven by his two great years in ’14 and ’15, but last year and this year are woefully below those HOF pitchers’ careers. Yes, would rather have Eckersley or Sutter.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Actually, he hasn’t been woefully below Sutter’s numbers while with the Cardinals. This year’s number look bad because of very few save opportunities but over his career Rosenthal has been just as good as Sutter was with the Cardinals.

The only area that Rosenthal does not do as well as our great relievers is that he has a much higher walk %.

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.