2017 MLB Game #92: Cards at Mets: Mon July 17

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #92: Cards at Mets: Mon July 17

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Wow, Siegrist looked great! Here is a situation where I would bring him back for the ninth. No way Mike will do that of course, and there is something to be said for it as you love to have him build his confidence on that outing. Bringing him back might not go so good in the ninth.

Promising appearance though.

Got your wish

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Breaks go our way and Cecil gets the save this time. It was starting to look dicey again, but Cards hold on 6-3. Cespedes grounded into a DP on a 3-0 pitch with two runners on base.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The way Fowler catches flyballs it was pretty much inevitable that he would drop one. Nowadays outfielders have to make the “cool” catch instead of the way catching flyballs was taught a generation or two ago.

Same way with SOOOOOO many runners not running to 1stbase, but just sort of jogging once they figure they will be out.

At times baseball is sickening these days.

r/Rat

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t catch much besides a couple innings on the radio of this one. It’s good to get the win and start the series strong. Dejong is a Met killer, I guess. Big homer by Pham too to offset the shaky defense in the rest of the OF.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Check my subscriber article with Matheny’s pregame comments about Siegrist. Here is my observation about the 9th.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Brian WaltonBrian Walton.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No excuse for Fowler. Terrible.

Sierra’s first error was not terrible, missing the ball on the run, but his throw was clearly little league. He missed third base high and wide by about 30 feet. Trying way too hard. Until he throws a few guys out, other teams are going to be taking the extra base on him. I would if I were them.

Participant

Free

If anything, Aledmys Diaz offers a cautionary tale to not get too worked up over DeJong’s fast start.

I’m more concerned about his 30.2% K-rate vs. a 2.7% BB-rate. Those are both extremely below-average and will kill his value if he ever stops hitting. Diaz was able to keep his K-rate way down, which helped during his slumps, but he just had some of the weakest contact, evident by being among the league leaders in both 2016 and 2017 in infield hits.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years