2017 MLB Game #89: Cards at Bucs: Fri Jul 14

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #89: Cards at Bucs: Fri Jul 14

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

If Piscotty is DL’d then we likely see Sierra again one would think.

This is how I thought we come out of the gate. Still on a holiday and sluggish.

This road trip isn’t going to end well. I have a feeling Lynn might be a target of the Yankees. Would Tyler Wade be a good starting point? Would that be considered an overpay?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Avatar858booyah.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rosenthal was impressive in the 8th inning. Looked like his old self. Seemed to be satisfied getting outs at 97 MPH instead of trying to force an out at 101.

Participant

Free

Rosenthal’s key is to get ahead of batters and cut way down on his free passes.

Participant

Free

Bummer that Piscotty got hurt. I was expecting big things out of him in the second half. Perhaps they could try Carpenter in LF? He played the outfield before.

I guess Sierra would be ideal though. Make or break time for Tommy Pham now.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

True…which seems to be a lot easier for him to do when it’s not the 9th inning. It’d be nice if we had someone who could handle the 9th inning stage so Rosenthal could settle in a non-close role.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

My first reaction is to just say no to moving Carp to OF. He’s hurt us defensively at positions not called first base. However, it’s been so long I don’t remember how he looked when he played OF (it was LF I assume). Maybe he could do as well there as he has at 1B.

As for Pham, he just needs to keep doing what he’s done for the last two and a half months. If some others would break into a more productive mode, then perhaps the Cards would become competitive again for the division.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years