2017 MLB Game #147: Cards at Cubs Fri Sep 15

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #147: Cards at Cubs Fri Sep 15

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Score now 4-2 Cubs, bases loaded with 1 out, bottom of the 6th…

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Bottom of the 6th still, Cubs now lead 7-2…

858booyah
    Participant

Free

6-2 and pretty much over. Offense doesn’t appear to be there.

I think Mathney went with Martinez too long there. I would’ve had someone up an doing with 2 runners on and no out.

NJ315
    Participant

Martinez needs to make that play cleanly when the ball is hit back to him. The throw was bad because he had to hurry. Bowman was really bad.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Kelly in as catcher, seems that Matheny has admitted defeat…as the score is now 8-2 Cubs, bottom of the 7th…

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Yeah I don’t understand why he seemed to pull him. I mean is that extra 3 innings of rest going to help this team in the offseason?

That was kind of an important ab right there.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

An ugly loss starts the weekend on the wrong foot. Cards are now 28-33 in the NL Central this season.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Started good, ended bad. Win the next two and only two back though. I agree with Jager it’s fun to watch games that matter, just wish we weren’t in this situation. Lackey’s antics are unprofessional, but in the end, they got the W. we need to do better, so Time to step it up. These are the playoffs right now.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Then Matheny needs to start treating his rotation like it is. I realize we don’t have enough quality arms in the pen but Carlos should’ve been pulled. He did run into a little bad luck but still…

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Yep, now’s the time to play to win, not to build confidence in pitchers.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Was Alcantra impressive in striking out the side?

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.