2017 MLB Game #147: Cards at Cubs Fri Sep 15

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #147: Cards at Cubs Fri Sep 15

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carlos Martinez (11-10, 3.33) vs. RHP John Lackey (11-11, 4.65) 1:20 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The biggest series of the season so far begins with this one. Realistically we need at least one of these three. If we get swept its probably bye bye 2017. Its time for people to elevate their game.

r/Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cubs will be very hard to overcome if they sweep. Better win the series because cubs will also be very difficult to overcome if Cards lose the series 2-1. In that case Cards would be 4 back (assume cubs hold their big lead tonight) with 13 games to go. That’s a steep hill. Suppose Cards would be fortunate enough to go 10-3 over the last 13, then Cards would need the cubs to go under .500 at 6-7 just to tie.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Be a big confidence boost to take the series but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if we didn’t and just got one. Just means you need 10 wins and a sweep of one of your final 4 opponents.

We need to get these guys!

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

need 2 out of 3 this series bad

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we only win 1 out of 3 then it is basically season over. At a minimum we need 2 out of 3 and we really need to sweep.

I’m not putting much stock in the Wild Card race because the Rockies have an extremely soft schedule to close the season. It is basically catch the Cubs or else.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are three games out. We have three games against the Cubs. Yeah, we will need these.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

When Matheny plays Piscotty he can’t help but bat him over guys who are better hitters.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carpenter 3B
    Pham LF
    DeJong SS
    J. Martínez 1B
    Molina C
    Piscotty RF
    Wong 2B
    Bader CF
    C. Martinez P

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since coming back on August 20th, Piscotty has an .843 OPS. Over the same timeframe, Grichuk has a .695 OPS, based entirely on his 5 homeruns over that span.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i think if we get swept…it’s not gonna be likely the division comes to us…however it wouldnt be impossible with the way the last week lines up with 4 against the Cubs and 3 against the BRewers

as for the 2nd Wild Card…nothign is written in stone…Colorado has shown they can win against anyone and lose against anyone…Brewers too…and for that matter US too…

getting swept to me doesnt eliminate us but it woudl tough to come back from…nto just mathematically but also the sweep woudl kill any kind of confidence the guys have right now…

shoudl be crazy though

and at the end of the day whether it is the playoffs, world series or whatever…we love watching baseball games that have a sense of mattering…and we are right there…we control our destiny and they can feel it… should be fun..and regardless of the outcome it will be intense…playoffs or not this last push to he playoffs will be entertaining and interesting

Go Cards!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

There’s nothing the Cubs and their fans love more than beating the Cardinals. Especially if it keeps the Redbirds out of any playoff hunt. Odds are greatly stacked against us as far as even winning one game. This has sweep by the Cubs written all over it. Bye bye 2017, hello 2018. And hopefully a hello to Giancarlo Stanton and a welcome back to Alex Reyes.

r/Rat

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had hoped Fowler would be back. Having Fowler and Gyorko back would really strengthened our depth, and Fowler can obviously handle CF in Chicago better than most .

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Top of the 1st, Pham hits a solo HR to make it Cards up 1-0…

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What an amazing player.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Top of the 5th, Cards up 2-1, Lackey and Contrerras have both been ejected…

NJ315
    Participant

How did the umpire miss that call? That’s ridiculous.

wagee12
    Participant

So friggin what, umpires miss calls every game. It is so enjoyable seeing Wacky Lackey tossed. Love it. I think most on this board will take a break anyway we can get it right now.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ridiculous display of unprofessionalism by LAckey yelling at the ump during the play…

missed calls happen…to us and against us… frustration is understood but total disregard for decency in the game is inexcusable

ive seen Yadi and plenty of Cardinals get ejected and yell etc and i dont like that either…but DURING the play..that is just unacceptable…

looked like a strike to me and everyone else…and if you are that mad he should have gotten ejected after that call… but he didnt.. HE pitched the next one and gave up the hit.. NOT the umpire… if he isnt confident enough to get one more strike on the opposing pitcher he shouldn’t be pitching

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

delete

NJ315
    Participant

I don’t enjoy an outrageously missed call either when it is against or for my team. That was strike not a borderline pitch. The umpires should be held accountable when making mistakes as bad as this one. As far as Lackey and Contreras they are both hot heads and got what they deserved.

NJ315
    Participant

Cubs go ahead 3-2

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Game over………..

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Our ace and his pretty hair and silly antics at it again.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him sent packing at the end of the year. Tired of his crap.

NJ315
    Participant

Ugly inning for the cards so far. 4-2

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.