2017 MLB Game #128: Cards vs. Rays Fri Aug 25

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #128: Cards vs. Rays Fri Aug 25

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Michael Wacha (9-6, 4.08) vs. Jake Odorizzi (6-7, 4.74) 7:15 pm FOX Sports Midwest

The Cards have announced RF/LF Pavilion tickets have been cut to $10 and RF/LF Loge seats are just $12 for this game – also included in these prices is a hot dog and Coke.

Mind you, this is not a midweek September game, but a weekend in August!

http://m.mlb.com/cardinals/tickets/info/dynamicdeal?partnerId=ed-11828280-1012114453

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

The crowds have looked pretty sparse lately. Is there a place to see paid attendance?

Participant

Just in the box score either in the newspaper or on line.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Euro DandyEuro Dandy.
    Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Lineup

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Looooong HR by Sousa deep into Big Mac Land ties the score at 1-1 in 3rd. Bases loaded double against Wacha with one out extends lead to 3-1.

Participant

Free

Now it’s 4-1…and maybe more to come this inning…

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Another outing for Wach were he just doesn’t have it. The 3rd inning was a rough go, Cards now trail 4-1. Legitimate big league bats don’t seem to miss many offerings that make their way near the middle of the plate.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards score in the 3rd to close the gap to 4-2, but another bone-headed base running blunder (Piscotty this time) kills any chance for more scoring.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Molina up with bases loaded and one out did NOT ground into a double play, but after his sac fly, Piscotty hesitated between 2nd and 3th and was thrown out to end the inning. Not good.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Piscotty hesitated between 2nd and 3th and was thrown out to end the inning. Not good.

Just bad bad baseball

Then Wacha proves once again he should not be in the rotation.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The Wonger has got to learn to hold the tag on the steal attempts, instead of making the snap/swipe tag and then quickly showing to ball to the ump. Souza overslid the bag and would’ve been out. It’s a mistake the Wonger has made several times this year. That’s just ONE SNAFU EXAMPLE that’s an insult to smart baseball I’d like to see our manager/coaches clean up. MoMo’s base running blunder would be another.

And while I’m ranting I guess, why is Duke pitching on a mound in St Louis? Pen is getting killed tonight due to Wach’s poor outing and they’ve got Sparky starting on the mound tomorrow night to likely help them make yet another early appearance. Winning is obviously not a high priority for Mo this year. By all means, keep doing nothing…it has worked so well thus far.

Participant

Free

I wonder if e can revisit when I wanted to trade Wacha when he had value.

That ball was going to stay fair. How does Molina not see that?

Participant

Free

Piscotty with a K to end the 7th.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Cecil gives up two hits and is one pitch from getting out of it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by colhuskercolhusker.
    Participant

Free

This team is so unprepared. Mirrors the man leading them in the dugout.

Participant

Just got back from s social event and turned on the game. We can’t seriously be losing to Tampa Bay, can we, after just losing a series to a sub .500 team?

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

And he can’t do it.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You know your team lost when the Player of the Game is the long reliever. Still, Ryan Sherriff made a strong three inning MLB debut.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Tonight just reminds me why I thought we should have been sellers at the deadline. The front office needs to sit down after the season and figure out what needs to be done because the coaching staff and what they are doing to put players on the field the last couple years isn’t working.

That said, outside of Martinez (Carlos) I am not sure there are to many players other teams would have parted with top prospect for. Yadi maybe but given his age most likely not.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by colhuskercolhusker.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Normally, I would be questioning the Cardinals conceding second base to the runner on first just before he scored the seventh Rays run. However, whether three or four runs down in the ninth doesn’t seem to matter anymore. Back to .500 they fall – 3-8 since the win streak.

Participant

Free

The problem colhusker is that unless we miss the playoffs by like 10 or more games the front office will just think that we barely missed the playoffs so why change anything, that if a few things had gone our way, a few guys had stayed a bit healthier…and all of that crap…

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Agree Logan but we lose guys every year, can’t seem to stay healthy. The guys on the mound have high pitch counts early in games most of the time (see Wacha’s last two starts) and the approaches at the plate can be head scratching far to often.

It seems we bring guys up and they set the world a fire for a couple years and then are just average at best.

Participant

Free

It was a good piece of hitting by Keirmaier. Carpenter needs to put a glove on that ball.

They need another clubhouse meeting or maybe a chupacabra can run onto the field.

Either way it’s going to suck when San Diego sweeps us out of this thing for good.

Participant

Logan:

Thank you, now i don’t have to say it. A spot on-you just gave the talking points for this winter when they do nothing.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years