2017 MLB Game #120: Cards at Red Sox Wed Aug 16

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #120: Cards at Red Sox Wed Aug 16

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Lance Lynn (10-6, 3.12) vs. Eduardo Rodriguez (4-3, 3.80) 6:10 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Just thought I would throw this out there. I know Molina has gotten a lot of big hits over the years for the Redbirds, but……how many times has he killed rallies by hitting into a doubleplay? I was yelling at the TV during the game last night to bunt when he came up and boom, triple play.

r/Rat

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Redbirds got a break last night as the Reds hang on to beat the Cubs 2-1. A 2-0 Reds lead heading to the 9th, the Cubs plate a run with 1st and 3rd and one out. But Jay and Avila strikeout to end it. Redbirds stay 1.5 games behind.

r/Rat

Participant

Free

The primary issue with Molina is batting him that high in the order. He should bat seventh or eighth.

Participant

Totally agree on Molina. Was he running as hard as he could on the triple play? I notice he jogs on the double plays which are alarming enough.
    Front office, please recall Weaver and put him in the rotation ahead of Mike Leake. The only thing Leake has in common with Jacob DeGrom is the long hair. He was lucky to get out of the first inning last night with no more damage than the Sox generated. But I knew and many of you knew what was coming. What could the team’s mentality be when Leake is handed the ball again?

Participant

Paid - Annual

One thing critical with Leake is the umpire’s strike zone. Last night it was a tight one with a lot of pitches in the edge of the zone called balls according to the square on the screen. Leake needs the low strike to survive.

Each umpire has their own strike zone and most are consistent with it. I really don’t like the arrogance of some umpires in that they have their own strike zone regardless of the rule book. But it is what it is.

Not defending Leake. We probably would have done better accelerating one of our youth than paying all that money for a 50/50 pitcher. Couldn’t have hurt as we didn’t do well last year and Leake was not good.

Participant

Free

Leak isn’t pitching today, but he always seems like the kind of pitcher that, as soon as you give up on him, he strings together several good starts in a row.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carpenter 1B
    Pham LF
    DeJong SS
    Fowler CF
    Molina C
    Gyorko 3B
    Wong 2B
    Voit DH
    Grichuk RF

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards are up 4-0 in the second, but it could have been more. I have no idea what he was thinking, but Matt Carpenter, who was on third, was thrown out at home on a single to mid-center field.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

He thought Bradley was going to catch the ball so he went back to tag and then had to turn and head home. About like the previous play with Voit at 3rd. He was almost out at home too. The Cardinals came oh so close to having a runner at 3rd thrown out at home on a single to center two plays in a row. Imagine that.

Participant

Free

It was Matt Carpenter does that shock you, he is by far the WORST base runner in all of baseball

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Lynn escapes runners at the corners with one out jam in 6th with a 1-6-4-3 double play. That surely has to end his night at around 110 pitches. Cards up 4-2.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Nothing good comes from walking the leadoff guy

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Lyons gets ground ball and bows his neck. Good finish to 8th

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Hope Rosenthal gets the zone Kimbrel just got

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Given first pitch I I guess not

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Bad Rosenthal appears to have showed up tonight.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Home Plate Umpire is just bad. Good golly

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Matheny gets tossed after home plate umpire allows batter late time

Note on Rosenthal, let game with an apparent injury

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by colhuskercolhusker.
    Participant

Free

Bottom of the 9th, 1 out, two men on and Brebbia is pitching…we’re up 4-3…

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Bullpen chokes another away

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

YGTBSM.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cards lose 5-4 on a walkoff double off the green monster.

WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY is that worthless dud Rosenthal even on this team???????

I hope and pray he never – EVER – takes the mound for the Cardinals again. He has done this a million times over the last 3-4 years. Came in and gave up a homerun and a walk. Granted the other relievers failed too but Rosenthal got it all started.

GET RID OF HIM NOW!!!!!!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by RatsbuddyRatsbuddy.
    Participant

Free

Rat you just need to go away you complain more than a baby throwing a temper tantrum, your crap is old….do us all a favor and just go away

You do realize how MONEY ROsey has been lately right?

Something was not right his fastball never got over 95 it seemed and with all the meetings going on something was up and ump didn’t help anything at all.

Participant

Paid - Annual

That stunk! Inability to add on after scoring four coupled with the inability to close out the game equaled a loss.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years