1980’s Cardinal Doc Tues 8PM EST

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 1980’s Cardinal Doc Tues 8PM EST

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Free
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I still enjoying playing those Cardinal teams of the 1980s in Strat-O-Matic. All that speed and defense. Those 1-17 rated runners (the highest you can get). All of those AAA, AA, and A rated base stealers. McGee’s big 1985. Tudor in 1985. Van Slyke’s defense in RF – he was a 1 e1 (-3). Clark’s big 1987 until he got hurt.

Quite entertaining!

r/Esteemed Rat

Oquendo11
    Participant

Free

Whiteyball is THE reason I became a baseball fan.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals have had some great decades. The 30’s, 40’s, 60’s, 2000’s, and 2010’s were all great but the 1980’s will always be the greatest to me because it was my formative years and they played a brand of baseball that was so unique. There were a few other teams like the Royals, A’s, and Expos that used speed and defense but none did like the Redbirds.

Of all the great players like Ozzie, Willie, Lonnie Smith, Silent George, Pendleton, Porter, Oberkfell, Forsch, Andujar, Sutter, Van Slyke, Coleman, Tudor, Oquendo…..my two favorites were Tommy Herr and Jack Clark. And of course the White Rat. I did Strat-O-Matic back then as well.

This documentary is must see TV.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, how was it? I was gone to the ballgame but I recorded it on the DVD so I will watch it later.

Thoughts anyone?

r/Esteemed Rat

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It was well done. But any true Cardinals fan could have watched another two hours of it, if it was extended that long.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It was ok. The huge majority of the show was devoted to the 82 team, not much for 85 and 87. I understand that since 82 won the title but I always thought the 85 team was better. They just got derailed by an automatic tarp and Don Denkinger.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I watched the show late last night. It wasn’t quite what I thought it was going to be about. I thought they were going to discuss whether the 1980s St. Louis teams would be successful in today’s game of homeruns and strikeouts. Instead it just seemed to be mostly highlights of 1982, 1985, and 1987.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d like to see this program about the 80’s Cardinals. Is this going to be shown again?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I’d like to see this program about the 80’s Cardinals. Is this going to be shown again?

Saturday Feb 1 at 5pm (eastern time) on MLBN according to my channel guide.

Also Sunday Feb 2 at 12am and again at 9am

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/video/memories-of-the-80s-cardinals?t=t138-default-vtp

Great stuff. Love John Smoltz take on the 80’s versus now. Certainly organizations are making shortstop a power position. And fielding, or lack thereof, has been traded for more home runs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.