Weaver for Wainwright? – becomes Mayers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Weaver for Wainwright? – becomes Mayers

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by EuroWolf EuroWolf 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals Place Wainwright on Shelf

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Brian Walton Brian Walton.
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Sounds like it’s retroactive to his last start? Maybe just a way to get him a start off and bring Weaver up for one.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver was passed over last night and Socolovich had to start in his place. He was probably on his way to St Louis and is available to pitch after Martinez’ start.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The move turned out to be the promotion of Mike Mayers instead of Weaver.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Uh, why??

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

Because lynn is likely gone in the next few days and weaver is slotted to his spot on regular rest.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Actually, they need a starter for Waino on Thursday (tomorrow). Mayers would give them an extra reliever for tonight.

(Media reporting Weaver also in the clubhouse now.)

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Ok, thanks. I wondered… considering last we heard, Mayers was being moved to the bullpen in Memphis, it would be strange to put him back into the rotation in St Louis.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Official: Mayers down and Weaver added.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mayers made $5,944 for his efforts.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Did you see that number somewhere, or did you actually tally it up? Would it be determined by prorating the minimum MLB salary for his time up? I guess he’d get credit for two service days (or would it be just one?) divided by a full season of service days (I think I remember seeing somewhere 172 is the number used), then multiply that by $535,000 (min salary I think). Then, I guess to get his real net, you’d have to back out two prorated days of his usual salary. Just curious.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years