Wainwright injured again (still?) – Mayers up

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Wainwright injured again (still?) – Mayers up

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Per reports, Wainwright is heading back to StL to get looked at by doctors. Made two starts since coming off the DL with a back problem.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Brian WaltonBrian Walton.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if he caught the same plane as Rosenthal.

This might close down Wainwright for ’17, and for that matter he might have started his last game, at least as a Cardinal. That might not be a bad thing because with the sketchy season he’s had he would only be blocking a younger pitcher in ’18. C’mon Adam go out in style.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Something’s up but asking him to hang them up for his career is being pretty disrespectful to him. He’s won a lot of games for us this year even.

What I don’t like is that he’s heading back to be evaluated and we haven’t just DLd him and got another guy up here. It won’t hurt to DL him for 10 days regardless. He’s obviously not right.

Get Montgomery or Mayers or Gant or whoever up here and don’t play any game with 24 players. We need every arm for the pen right now with the backend in disarray

Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree Jager.DL Wainwright and no shorthanded roster.IMHo it is dumb enough having 13 pitchers and basically a 3 man bench.7 bullpen guys should be more than enough even for matheny.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mike Mayers has joined the team in Pittsburgh. No official announcement of Wainwright going back on the DL yet.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Moves now official. Right elbow impingement for Wainwright.

Participant

Can they find impingements with Leake and Cecil?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Participant

Can they find impingements with Leake and Cecil?

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From Jen Langosch:

Adam Wainwright received a PRP injection in his right elbow, won’t throw for 10-14 days. #STLCards optimistic he’ll return this year.

https://twitter.com/LangoschMLB/status/898979567418744832

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bumping this up for Bw52…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years