Voit traded to Yanks

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Voit traded to Yanks

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Best of everything to Luke Voit. I hope he gets into the postseason and does well for the Yankees.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No immediate shot for Voit in New York, either. He has been assigned to Triple-A by the Yankees.

NJ315
    Participant

Shane Robinson probably has a better chance to be a postseason hero for the Yankees.

bccran
    Participant

Voit batted cleanup for the Yankees tonight. Who’d have thunk it
    after his TCN put downs. It may be short lived, but it’s quite an honor.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Why not just be positive in celebrating his success, rather than taking shots while you are at it? Anything written has nothing to do with his opportunity or job performance. Why some fans take prospect rankings personally is something I have never understood.

bccran
    Participant

Always nice to see a local player get the opportunity to play some major league baseball. Hopefully he does well and can stay up for awhile.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I doubt that Voit will continue at his current pace but he can get regular play with the Yankees as their other option at 1b Greg Bird is a perienial Mendoza Line lurker. Voit should also benefit from the Yankee Stadium close right field wall since he hits a fair number of long balls to right and right center.

I like Voit but With Carp and Martinez and Gyorko’s ability to play 1b he had no future in St Louis. And we got a couple of pitchers in return for him. You have to admire Voit’s fighting his way through the system almost without notice.

PadsFS
    Participant

Voit is in a good spot. I like our return for him as well. Gallegos and Shreve are doing quite well for us.

14NyquisT
    Participant

So far, its one of those trades that are… what do they call it…. beneficial to both teams. Yanks had to fill a need and we could provide it. I like the return we got and believe we will be the eventual winners.

bccran
    Participant

For the Yankees so far – .322/.385/.678/1.063
    65 plate appearances now – 7 home runs

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Probably more a perception than reality, but it seems like more often than not, when we trade guys they perform better with their new club, and guys we get under-perform.

I get the sense that had we acquired Yelich and the Crew Ozuna, Yelich would have gotten hurt and going through so-so season, while Ozuna would be sitting at 30 homers right now and Milwaukee would be in first place in the division. 🙂

bccran
    Participant

Yankees are still giving him a shot. He’s hanging in there with a .947 OPS. Two more RBI last night.
    Teammates say his enthusiasm is
    infectious both on and off the field. Yankee fans great him with
    Luuuuuke!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Voit is crushing the ball right now. Good for him!

By the way, how does Luken Baker compare to Voit? Accurate projection?

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Baker could be a better hitter but he has to watch his weight.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Three former Redbirds have really hit over the second half of the season, Voit, Pham and Piscotty.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wouldn’t take any of the three back. We have no place to play them. Also, I like what we got for each of them, especially if Cabrera lives up to his potential.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

After reading through this I just looked at the stats of Voit, Pham and Piscotty…. WOW! Small sample of course, but glad they are doing extremely well. I personally always root for ex Cards as long as they aren’t on an NL rival. I root for a Heyward strikeout every time I see an AB of his as an example.

On the flip side, the Cards won the Marco G and Tyler O trade, Marco has ok numbers and 27 starts, but O’neill in RF or LF after Ozuna goes is better for them long term.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As I said at the trade deadline the Cardinals became neither buyers or sellers. They opted for addition by subtraction.

Trading Pham cleared the way for Bader and now far fewer fly balls are dropping in the outfield. Bader is hitting OK and seems to be free from the extreme ups and downs that Pham suffered through. Possibly due to his eyesight problems. We are still a bit range shy in left and right field but Bader has cut down the territory than Ozuna and Martinez has to cover and we have Garcia and O’Neill who can more than adequately cover the ground.

Voit was of no use to the Cardinals without dumping Carp and/or Gyorko. He is a better fit in Yankee Stadium because of his power to right center. I have admired Voit since he was at Springfield for the way he fought his way through the system when many felt he had no business in the major leagues. Shreve has performed about as he did in New York and Gallegos appears to have reached a new level in Memphis. Both could be solid additions to the Cardinal bullpen or not.

Moving Mercado gave room for Thomas to emerge and he could have a superior career to Mercado. We did pick up a number of intriguing players in the deals. Many are big on Cabrera but Rameriz acquired in the same trade is very interesting. Elledge, Williams, Torres also interesting.

Many going nuts over Malcolm Nunez and Torres and I am no exception. The chilling thing though is to look back at record setters in the low leagues and most are people I have never heard of.

Like ChiT I root for the players we trade away. I have followed them through the system and wish them great success unless it is bad for the Cardinals.

bccran
    Participant

It will be fun to watch this local product in the playoffs.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I wish Voit continued success, but as a fan, I won’t be rooting for Stanton and the rest of the Yankees.

bccran
    Participant

I won’t root for the Yankees either. Nor the Dodgers or Red Sox.

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.