Umpire Rob Drake

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Umpire Rob Drake

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Wooster 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another headache for Manfred…

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/24/rob-drake-umpire-investigation

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Avatar gscottar.
    GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Good for him

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

His apology was lame and doesnt even address is racist tweet about Obama or everything thats bad about his twitter feed.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Sheesh, what a barbaric thought – you don’t like the way something is being handled so you say you will get a gun and presumably give ‘em hell.

Obviously I doubt Drake would really do that, but still this kind of talk is reflective of where some people are in their thinking. But it is a reflection of society, and the fact that we have so many outlets to express our emotions and media blowhards fueling the discourse.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Drake comes across as an ignorant, reactionary, blowhard all right. Exactly the kind of temperament you want in an umpire correct?

Between Drake acting like a neanderthal and the Houston FO practicing misogyny what a terrible week for MLB. Just when the focus is supposed to be on the WS we have to deal with this garbage.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Both sides certainly has it’s radicals like Drake. This country sure appears to be headed for some kind of a Civil War. The only thing that will unify us once again would be a major war with North Korea, Iran, Russia or China….or all of the above simultaneously. The hatred runs too deep now for too many people for anything else to successfully intervene. You just wonder how the battle lines would be drawn? The Dems side would most likely consist of entities such as the FBI, CIA, many other governmental factions and loads of societal misfits and kooks willing to do battle. The Republican side would most likely have all of the branches of our armed services, almost all (certainly not California’s) law enforcement entities, bike gangs and throngs of gun toting eager rednecks eager to mix it up. The Dems would have the numbers, but they would in fact get creamed. Go Birds!

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Drake comes across as an ignorant, reactionary, blowhard all right. Exactly the kind of temperament you want in an umpire correct?

gscottar, the MLBUA called him “passionate.” lol

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I wasn’t trying to go down the road of a political discussion as this isn’t the place for that. I was just pointing out that it is a shame MLB has to be dealing with this nonsense during their showcase event.

But as for me personally, I consider myself independent. I have supported people from both parties and there are people from both parties I don’t like. I certainly don’t like extremists from either side. This country is better off when consensus is built instead of everyone retreating to their corners. Sadly it appears the days of consensus are over.

Back to baseball. It will be interesting to see how Manfred handles Drake and the Houston FO. My guess is he will do nothing or maybe some kind slap on the wrist.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here is a story about Drake and Joe West, the latter who is suing former MLB player Paul LoDuca for basically accusing him of taking bribes.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2019/10/28/20931012/umpire-troubles-rob-drake-joe-west-land-in-legal-limbo

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Why would Houston need to be “handled”?

My feeling about Drake are the same as I posted in another thread. Why do people expect organizations to do what the justice system is set up to do?

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

The United States forces had just taken out one of the most violent criminals in the history of the world and all NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN could talk about was how Trump thanked other countries for being helpful in his speech. The news/media is 99.9% of the problem and 100% the reason for the “division” that’s been created in this country.

Drake was clearly drunk or on something and secondly just fed up with all of the nonsense being poured on by the media.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Time for me to step in. No more politics talk. This is clearly stated as being against board policy. Please honor it so the mods don’t have to start deleting posts. Thanks.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Why would Houston need to be “handled”?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Guess this kinda falls in with my own disdain of the media. These sideline news stories really detract from whats really going on. The World Series. Indians, tommahawks, impeachment now. Really? Who cares? Bunch of useless dribble. If its his own tweet account you can say what you want. If you’re dumb enough to throw political junk out there you have to take the consequences. As the Dixie Chicks, Rock Stars and atheletes have found out. Thats why I like sports, leave the BS behind. Oh yeah its legal to say what you want, not always legal to act out on it

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

After watching Barksdale’s strike zone in Game 5 and him refusing to call a 3rd strike because the Nats catcher was walking away makes me want an automatic strike zone even more. Take the bias out of the game and then guys like West, Hernandez, Diaz, and Drake can’t screw a team over because of their bias.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah he did have a moving strike zone in game 5 didn’t he?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years