Tyler O'Neill

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Tyler O'Neill

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The guy is dying on the vine, I tell you. Hopeless situa… Oh, never mind!

MLB.com is first with the scoop, though the P-D will likely not acknowledge that!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If it is a reliever, my money is on Brebbia. Pham’s groin injury could be a possibility, too…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good for Tyler! His numbers at Memphis were just too good to ignore.

So there is a chance we may go with 7 relievers and 5 bench players? Wow!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good news for Tyler. He’s mashing the ball, and has earned his promotion. Given that the Cards never used that 8th reliever, it makes some sense to broaden the bench.

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

Apparently someone with brains in the organization finally realized how easy it is to call up guys to pitch for a few days here and there when your aaa team is loaded.

Good for Tyler being the one called.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Love the balance of 12 relievers and 5 bench players! It will be good to have a guy with some power to come in on occasion when we need some pop. JMartinez gave us that at times last year.

This made me curious on how Marco is doing in Seattle. He has started 3 games, but only pitched 12 innings. He has a great K/BB rate (11/2), but has given up 19 hits. Would like to see him succeed.

grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

love this move, nice to have the day off and have him on bench tom

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i like him being up but do we really need Bader up then? I dont mind BAder getting 4th OF time, but 5th OF time seems like we would be negatively impacting Bader and Oneill… now if Pham needs to DL for 10 days then obviously…

two outfield only guys, a backup catcher, subpar SS and decent 2b lefty, and one of Wong, Carp, Gyorko

i guess that is how it normally goes with 5 on the bench but with the high level of ability of Bader and ONeill it seems a bit of a waste to have them both sit around and get regular ABs…one of them..fine…4th OFer gets plenty of time…but split that time for them and i start to worry

maybe Matheny is going to shake things up…sit Fowler and utilize his switch hitting from the bench to be more tactical until he gets right

ONeill i think only has good value if he is in there every day

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A move that had to be made. If O’Neill doesn’t get the call north with the way he’s been mashing, it would be pretty darn discouraging for the young farmhands. I have a really good hunch that O’Neill is going to continue his torrid hitting with the big club. I’d give my left……..my left pinkie if O’Neill could play 2nd.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good for O`Neill.Good luck Tyler.I hope Cards stop with the damned 13 pitcher crap.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

With only 10 strikeouts in 49 atbats should I assume he has cut down on the Ks? That’s basically what forced us to move Grichuk.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

5 of O’Neill’s K came in 2 games.2 K opening day.3 K game few days back.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I think that O’Neill is seeing the ball well these days. If Pham needs a couple of days off… tough call Bader or O’Neill. Just having those two around should make the team more interesting. Now if can get Flaherty up for a few starts…. the homestand v. CIN and the NYM will be fun.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

As expected. Good that Pham did not go on the DL.

grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

I know hes not considered a plus defender but is he a liability? How is his arm?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For those who care about my audio take on O’Neill, I will be on the Cards pregame show with Tom Ackerman on KMOX around 12:35 today.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

O’Neill drew the short straw with Flaherty’s promotion.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

After the fiasco last night burned some pitchers that we should not have needed had Holland & Co. done their jobs, I figured we would go back to the unlucky 13.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stupid damned mangement.All they accomplished was bringing up the hottest hitter in AAA and cool him off by only giving him 1 start and 4 Pinch hit ABs.Instead Cards kept rolling the totally overpaid inept Fowler and Carpenter out everyday.So now we have .170 and .160 hitting daily for the punch and judies.Damned stupid.I still hate 13 man pitching staffs.Hell wh not just keep a backup Catcher and Greg Garcia and go with 15 freaking pitchers.Dammit.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler and Carp have sat this past week multiple times each if i remember correctly

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would be happy if Fowler was sitting on the bench for another team.As for Carpenter..I like the guy but there has to be something wrong physically IMO.He is not the same guy.How long can MM keep going with 2 subpar guys every day?That and Graniteglove Martinez who has cooled off quite a bit is not helping much either.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Its unfortunate that our RF wouldn’t be able to crack the AAA Memphis OF. So that “other” team is out.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.