Tommy Pham traded to the Padres…

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Tommy Pham traded to the Padres…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Monthly
    Participant

Free

Great trade for the Rays, Xavier Edwards is far from a throw in. Top 75 2B prospect who has hit great since being drafted.

The Padres are going all in it appears, CMart would look great in that uniform!

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Some think Edwards is too much to give up.

Participant

Free

GameCard, I would agree with that. Pham > Renfroe, but adding in Edwards and taking on 7M additional highly tilts this as a Rays win. The Padres are obviously going for it and it might be a good time to snatch up a couple of their prospects.

I’ve written and advocated at least a dozen times for a CMart and Gant for Yates and Luis Patino, and I still think that is a great trade.

If the Cards could find a way to get Yates, Patino and Morejon that would be a huge win in bolstering the farms pitching and a bridge to getting Hicks back, and allow Gallegos, Junior F, Whitley and Cabrera to get some additional exposure before potentially being an 8th/9th inning guy.

Participant

Paid - Annual

As I have read many many experts say, don’t ever do a trade with the Rays because you will lose.

Participant

Free

Gscottar, I would guess that Mo feels the same way after the Pham trade. Based on the results from Cabrera and Williams so far, I would say the Rays won that trade hands down, especially after considering what the Rays flipped him for.

The Cards got beat on that one, but not nearly as bad as the Pirates did with the Archer trade. Four more years of Glasnow and 5 of Meadows are exactly what Pittsburg wishes they had to build around in their current rebuild.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep. It is why the Rays can churn out 90 win teams on a miniscule budget. They are smart.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Have the Rays made a habit of 90 wins .No the last 2 years then 4 losing seasons in a row,then6 winning season ,then 10 losing seasons in a row.Not a bad job but no a long string of 90 win seasons .Trading Pham was smart.Dumping a jackass who was not the best OF on the roster and getting a younger hitter and a top prospect and cutting salary.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As I have read many many experts say, don’t ever do a trade with the Rays because you will lose.

They used to say that about the Cardinals. Unfortunately, the results the last 4-5 years in the trade department have been mixed.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree. The Rays dumped a jackass.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Have the Rays made a habit of 90 wins .No the last 2 years then 4 losing seasons in a row,then6 winning season ,then 10 losing seasons in a row.Not a bad job but no a long string of 90 win seasons .Trading Pham was smart.Dumping a jackass who was not the best OF on the roster and getting a younger hitter and a top prospect and cutting salary.

Well considering their budget and the division they play in they do the most with the least. They don’t lose many trades.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

They haven’t lately anyway. The deal with the Pirates was really a steal. A bit of a latter version of Tolan and Granger for Pinson.

Personally as a Padre exec I would not have done this deal. I like Pham’s talent, but not for Edwards, especially when they need a second baseman And Tommy is getting up there. But their top four hitters will be tough with Tatis, Pham, Machado and Hosmer.

Participant

Free

Personally as a Padre exec I would not have done this deal.

Indications are Preller is on the hot seat and needs to win now. Especially after the Myers/Hosmer/Machado contracts.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years