The Next Two Weeks

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum The Next Two Weeks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Will the next two weeks pretty much determine what happens for the Cardinals at the trade deadline? Eight (8) games with the Cubs and six (6) games with the Reds. Then a series with Colorado. By this point in time it should be somewhat obvious whether the Cards can contend in 2018. That five game series in Wrigley worries me. I’d just about take one of the five and be happy.

On Yahoo Sports/MLB there was an article about whether or not St. Louis should trade Matt Carpenter. Link is attached:
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/2a0d8240-1a60-38d6-aaae-ef517ac567b6/ss_should-the-cardinals-trade.html

In my mind we either pick it up a notch or two and win some games the next ten days or look to be sellers and start worrying about 2019 – and beyond.

r/Rat

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

You can forget them being sellers. That would be an admission that they failed…they don’t do that. They’ll add a couple of slugs or do nothing like last year.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The next two weeks has started off with a pitiful loss. 9-1 to the Reds. I’m afraid by the time the five games in four days series at Wrigley is over next weekend the season will be over for the Cardinals.

r/Rat

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I think this series and the next one will not matter. I think they’ll pretty much do what they did last year except possibly move an arm.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I think the Cards will make no significant moves (pretty much a specialty) and continue in their mediocre ways.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I also posted this link in the trade thread but I guess it is applicable here too.

https://twitter.com/dgoold/status/1017927382370484224

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry Brian, I didn’t notice you had already shared that link in the front office thread.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No problem. I posted it twice so now we have it three times! Interesting stuff.

One could argue this entire topic could easily be merged with the long-running “Buyers or Sellers?” thread. The Goold tweet fits there better than where I put it initially – Front Office.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.