June 24, 2017 at 10:48 pm #25966Brian WaltonKeymasterPaid - Annual
Welcome to the official message board of The Cardinal Nation.com (TCN). Please take the time to review and become familiar with the following rules.
Upon making your first post on this message board, you have agreed to abide by and adhere to all terms set below. Failure to do so will result in the board’s moderators taking further action as detailed below.
Disclaimer. TCN does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of TCN, its operators and moderators. The individual member remains solely responsible for the content of their messages.
Posting Standards and Forum Behavior
1. Posting and respecting others’ posts. Think of your conversations here as you would with friends in your living room, so please be tolerant, understanding and respectful of other people’s points of view. If you strongly disagree or are upset over a posting, simply respond by stating your point of view. Do NOT criticize, censure or ridicule others for their beliefs, opinions or views.
We encourage you to share your insights on the threads posted and generates new threads on new Cardinals-related subjects, avoiding duplication. We expect you to extend courtesy and respect to your fellow posters while engaging in lively, dynamic interaction with your fellow posters.
It is against board policy to incite an argument, post a topic or message to draw angry reactions (trolling) or to insult or malign your fellow posters. We will NOT tolerate personal attacks and bullying.
Also please avoid “shouting” in posts by submitting a post that is in full CAPS. Such posts mentioned above may be deleted or edited at the discretion of the forum moderators without warning.
2. Once is enough. Scan the board for related subjects before starting a new thread. All duplicate posts may be deleted by the moderators without notice to the author.
Use the TRADES/RUMORS/TRADE IDEAS thread stuck to the top of the board for trades you have heard about or would like to see. New threads devoted to trade ideas may be deleted by the moderators.
Non-Cardinals baseball topics do not belong in the forum and may be deleted or moved without notice. These include, but are not limited to race, politics and religion.
Posters who make repetitive posts without providing substantiation or adding value to the discussion at hand may be subject to warnings as stated below, including removal of posts and suspension from the forums.
3. Keep it clean. You agree that you will refrain from posting any message/material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, racially-oriented, religiously-offensive, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or a violation of any law.
This includes personal avatars, signatures and photos that may accompany any post. Insults and slurs made either publicly or privately in the course of such continued discussion and further non-compliant behavior* will not be tolerated and may result in removal of your privileges as a member of this forum.
* Non-compliant behavior is defined as willful disregard of the rules and guidelines of this forum as well as warnings and actions by moderators.
Profanity of any kind will not be tolerated. Any text insinuating profanity (using abbreviations, another language, leaving letters missing in the word, using special characters instead of letters, etc.) will also be considered as profanity itself.
4. Offensive posts. Any visitor to the site who feels that a posted message is objectionable (see “Keep it clean”) is encouraged to contact a moderator. If we determine that removal is necessary, we will do so immediately with or without notification to the member who posted the message.
5. Copyrighted and other inappropriate material. You agree not to post copyrighted material including articles in their entirety. Proper crediting and links must accompany brief quotes or summaries that originate from other sources. If we find content we believe to have been plagiarized, we reserve the right to delete it without notice.
Also note that chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on these forums and may be deleted immediately with no explanation. Members who post such items may be suspended from the forums and if they continue to post, may be banned without notification or warning.
6. Moderators have the last say. All actions and orders given by the forum moderators pertaining to this forum are final. You agree not to challenge or confront the decisions of the moderators publicly on the message boards.
Just because you do not see evidence of the moderators taking action does not mean they are not doing so privately. Self-styled message board vigilantes are not welcome here. If you have a concern about someone else potentially violating board policy, do not engage with that person publicly or privately or you will likely up violating these rules yourself. Instead, always contact a moderator.
7. Duplicate user ids. Creation of duplicate ids by the same user is prohibited. If a banned user attempts to create a duplicate id for re-entry into the forums, an immediate ban will be implemented without warning and all posts by that user will be removed.
8. Violations and moderator actions. Violations to the Forum Rules and Guidelines shall be dealt with accordingly by the moderators.
Posters who violate these guidelines may be sanctioned as follows:
Warning: Notification from moderator, offending post fixed or deleted.
First strike: Warning plus seven-day suspension from forums.
Second strike: Warning plus one-month suspension from forums.
Third strike: Permanent ban from forums.
The above is the standard process. However, in cases deemed by the moderators to be extreme, they reserve the right to bypass one or more of the steps above. For example, a very serious first offense might warrant an immediate suspension or even a ban.
In closing. We want to keep The Cardinal Nation as the best Cardinals-oriented message board on the internet and hope you want to remain part of this community. However, if these rules are objectionable to you, please feel free to move on to another message board with standards that better align with your point of view.
September 13, 2018 at 6:20 pm #69255CariocaCardinalParticipantPaid - Monthly
- This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Brian Walton.
Just curious, what happened to this thread?October 17, 2018 at 9:47 pm #72662Brian WaltonKeymasterPaid - Annual
Words of wisdom…
"It is amazing how many people act as if the right to free speech includes the right to be free of criticism for what you say — which means that other people should not have the same right to free speech that they claim for themselves."
— Thomas Sowell (@ThomasSowell) October 18, 2018
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.