Stubby Clapp must be sleeping well

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Stubby Clapp must be sleeping well

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by BlackHillsCard BlackHillsCard 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He has to be estatic with the potential crew he will have at Memphis.

Kelly at catcher. Knizner could also be there but I expect him to start at Springfield to get every day work on his defense. He certainly is deserving of a shot at AAA but the optioning out of Kelly probably sends him to Missouri. Baron probably the backup at Memphis.

Potential infield of Wisdom, Munoz, Schrock and Voit with Valera and Ravelo in the mix. Munoz could make it in St Louis and if they go with 12 pitchers to open the season he probably will be there initially but I think Bader has about nailed down the reserve outfielder spot. This doesn’t even consider Mejia.

Four potential outfielders in Garcia, O’Neill, Mercado and Arozarena. Will they keep them all or will one go to Springfield. they don’t need a backup outfieder because Valera, Ravelo and Munoz can all play outfield. If Valera is removed from the 40 man he could be claimed by someone else.

The line for any DH action will be long. Stubby will have a lineup that is loaded from top to bottom. And some of the players in St Louis have to be looking over their shoulders fearing poor performance or injury. Some could end up being modern day Wally Pips.

It doesn’t stop there. He will be able to pick starters from Flaherty, Hudson, Gant, Gomber, Helsley, Poncedeleon and Greene. You can also expect Mayers, Lucas, Sherriff and even Brebbia in the pen to go along with a bunch of veterans who will not make the cut in St Louis. I think the Cardinals will go with the pitchers with major league experience in the bullpen at St Louis to start the season and I don’t expect them to option out Bowman.

Stubby only has to worry about trades and injuries as his Memphis Maphia and more is about to land in his ballpark.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Avatar SoonerinNC.
    14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Have I missed any news about Pearce? He was the organization-wide pitcher of the month in May and a post season PCL All-Star.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Can you say “lost in the shuffle” or maybe it is “lost in the prospect hype”. I think the big difference in him from the others was the lack of a ST invite.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Pearce was invited to STEP Camp but I don’t know if he showed up. I will say there are issues with him this Spring and he may not make Memphis out of ST.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years