StL 2019 Game 95 thread: Wed 7/17 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 95 thread: Wed 7/17 vs. Bucs

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Hoo-rah!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s the big hit…Goldy makes it 6-4 on the dinger.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nothing is easy. Pirates within one and the tying run on third.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos has Marte 0-2…gotta put this one away. The grounder ends it…6-5. Not easy but a must win.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to to get the win but they can’t make it easy at all.

When we get great pitching we get no offense. When we get some offense our pitching goes south. Maybe we will put it all together at some point.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Great effort by Dex on chasing down that foul ball even if he came up short.

Participant

Free

They just can’t make it easy. I wouldn’t get overly proud of seven measly hits.

But a win is a win.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Again, Carlos Martinez just wasn’t very good. His stuff just doesn’t quite seem to be as electric as was once touted and showed on occasion.

And yes, I know it was just one outing. But that’s two bad outings in a row now. We were lucky today.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Another sparse looking crowd today. Yes, I know the paid attendance was over 40k but the actual attendance looked to be much less than that. I wonder if the number of no shows gets the attention of management.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Doesn’t look like we will gain any ground today. Both the Cubs and Brewers are winning.

Cubs a 4-1 lead in the 8th against Cincy at Wrigley. But the Reds have two on and one out. One big fly away from a tie game.

UPDATE: Puig singles off of Kintzler and nows a 4-2 game. Still two on and one out.

UPDATE #2: Ervin grounds into a rally killing doubleplay.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by RatsbuddyRatsbuddy.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by RatsbuddyRatsbuddy.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar, one would have to assume the team would sell less of its overpriced concessions with all the no-shows. No way for us to gauge that impact, though. I also saw $10 Cubs tickets advertised.

Participant

Free

Close game but also good to see Brebia rebound. We may have stumbled upon something here. Edmund, Martinez, Goldschmidt then O’Niel. Speedy guy followed by 3 guys with power. If we could get some production team wide it may be the winning formula! Go Cardinals!

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I think Goldschmidt has turned the corner. Since the start of July, his OPS is 1.018 (12 games, 48 plate appearances). Plus, he has hit several fouls that missed being home runs by a small amount. He could get really hot with an additional small adjustment in his timing.

Participant

Free

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed. Crowd looked like 30K for sure and all those people couldn’t be in the concourse. Then I had to walk away during the Goldschmidt AB.

I still don’t think this offense is anything to write home about but I’m glad it appears that Goldschmidt and O’Neill is hitting because Dejong has fallen off a cliff.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Goldy finally comes through. I’m sticking by my prediction of a few weeks ago where on a macro level, this club is 1964 revisited, and on a micro level, Paul Goldschmidt is 1964 Bill White – lousy first half; strong second half to where by season’s end his numbers were (will be?) right there with his career norms.

Unfortunately I saw where Ernie Broglio passed away today. A big name in conjunction with the ‘64 team, although for the wrong reason. But Broglio always took the trade in stride, and he and Brock even did some golf promotions together and things like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years