StL 2019 Game 93 thread: Mon 7/15 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 93 thread: Mon 7/15 vs. Bucs

This topic contains 35 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Houstonlarry24 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Mikolas with the CGSO on 100 pitches.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Congrats to Mikolas complete game shut out, don’t see many of those!7 runs on 8 hits, sac flyd, rbis, Tyler night again, great defense, don’t get much better than that, Way to click team, Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Back-to-back respectable victories. Haven’t seen that in awhile. Right now I’m starting to warm up to Goldschmidt. I like Dexter. And I’m loving the daylights out of both Ponce and O’Neil. I caution Shildt not to toss Edman on the scrap heap…….do that with Carpenter. Hard to believe that the Brewers are playing as hideous as we were during a similar long stretch. Does any team other than Cincinnati really want to take this malfunctioning division?

858booyah
    Participant

Free

O’Neill has some off the charts power. It’s almost sounds like a flyball for an out but it ends up in the seats. Just imagine if he ever really got a hold of one how far it would go.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Holy schmolly, a streak!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If O’Neill could get the Ks a bit under control (under 30%) and bring his walk rate up to average, he could be a very good player. It’s strange because his minor league numbers suggest he can, but he just hasn’t been able to do it yet. His .475 BABIP will certainly come back to earth, but hopefully he will continue his hot streak for a while here. Maybe he plays some CF once Ozuna comes back to get his power in the lineup.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Headline: Carpenter day to day after painful foul ball>
    Let’s be honest here. Carpenter is day to day regardless of a foul ball and even if he is in the lineup. I have to admit though that his defense has improved markedly while his offense has become offensive.

Kudos to Miles Mikolas for that 100 pitch complete game shutout. That and Tyler ONeil coming to life show there are signs of life in the formerly moribund Cardinals. Surprising was the fact that the Pirates have the best team batting average in the National League (or was it only in the central)

Dex made a stretch and the catch – two attaboys. Kolten – defense continues to be superlative even if some say he should be traded.

Now let’s see if Flaherty can show some improvement in the NO HR department.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Should Tyler O’Neill play everyday? Asking for a friend.>

Well I think he is playing every day now but with Bader approaching Mendoza I see TO starting in CF when Ozuna comes back – but that may still be several weeks as they say his swelling in the hand is not down yet. In any case, if Tyler can stay away from that 40+% strikeout figure, he could find himself with a starting position. He sure made a nice backup of Bader’s missed ball last night.

BrockLou
    Participant

Free

I like the mini winning streak. I don’t like relying on one guy for 90% of the offense

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kolten – defense continues to be superlative even if some say he should be traded

The only reason Wong’s name has come up on this board as trade bait was that we were trying to figure out what position players we could displace to improve the offense. Wong and Bader are the only ones. Everyone else is tied to a big immovable contract.

The other option is to try to win with pitching and defense only.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Really enjoyed the game last night. TO has to stay in the lineup no matter to see if he can be a regular. Bader taking that perfect called third strike just sickens me. What was he thinking? Hard to believe Carpenter and the way he looks at the plate. Completely gone as a hitter. Sit him for an extended period of time.
    Miles was great and how refreshing to see a pitcher get to go nine instead of the lunacy of the six inning pitcher today all over the league.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years