StL 2019 Game 51 thread: Sat 5/25 vs. Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 51 thread: Sat 5/25 vs. Braves

This topic contains 39 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m. RHP Dakota Hudson (3-3, 4.40) vs. RHP Mike Soroka (5-1, 1.01) FOX // KMOX // WIJR

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs beat the Reds 8-6. Reds had a rally in the 9th but Winker hit into a 3-6-1 DP to kill it and Puig flied to right to end it.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why do I keep getting the error message that says:

“Your reply cannot be created at this time”

Seems like it usually happens on Saturday.

r/Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And now the Cubs get another break. Houston places George Springer on the 10 day IL. He will miss the Cubs series next week in Houston.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rats, I have no idea about the posting problem you are seeing. I’ve had no reports from others and have not experienced it myself. I suggest you post on the “Questions About the New TCN” thread, which is stuck to the top of the board, and perhaps someone else might be able to offer additional information.

Braves score one in the top of the second to draw first blood.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Carpenter seems to be coming around a little. I like him lower in the order where he produce runs. If he can get on pace and start piling up some RBIs that would certainly help.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Big two-out RBI by Goldy there. Need more of that.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Hudson with a terrible bunt attempt to move Molina. I will say it again, getting a bunt down is a required skill of any pro player, pitcher or not. That bunt attempt is another reason we are only a .500 team.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldschmidt will be fine. He is human like all ballplayers and will go through slumps. He will be near his career averages by the end of the year.

He does need to be moved the the #3 spot in the lineup, though.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Hudson has pitched six strong innings, mostly punctuated by infield ground outs. With a one-run lead, how fast do you pull him if he gets into trouble?

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yeaha, Goldschmidt really needs to be in the 3,4, or 5 slots. Especially once he starts progressing towards his norm – we will need that run production.

Like what I am seeing of Hudson tonight. Lots of ground outs, good command. With his pedigree, as he goes out there every fifth day, he should get better, gain confidence, and be a solid starter for us over the next decade, barring injury.

GACard
    Participant

Free

O well

Good start by Hudson

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

0-2 count to a walk. This is the problem.
    This team has zero toughness and zero attack mentality. Go after the hitter. You are ahead in the count. Attack!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Carpenter with a nice Willie “Hit ‘Em Where they Ain’t Keeler shot to plate the tying run!

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

…and there is the Jedd Gyorko we remember!!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The gutless Cards went down with a whimper… Oh, wait. Gyorko hit a three-run homer. Never mind. 😉

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Bad AB by Wong. Now let’s just hope Hicks has his command and does not make this too much of a nail biter.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Let’s close this out

You’d hope that rally can spark more than just a win tonight. But I’ll take a win tonight if we can hold on

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well I just got in in time to catch the inning where we went ahead. great hustle by dejong made that inning possible. now lets close it out.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

these announcers on fox are hilarious. they were giving ozuna a lot of grief in fun for wearing his big chain.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

good big win. take the series tomorrow. lets close out may strong and turn things around.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

these announcers on fox are hilarious. they were giving ozuna a lot of grief in fun for wearing his big chain.

LOL. “That needs to be locked up in a safe” and “carrying an anchor slows him down”

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years