StL 2019 Game 49 thread: Wed 5/22 vs. Royals (regular day game)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 49 thread: Wed 5/22 vs. Royals (regular day game)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Prior to Thursday’s day off…

12:15 p.m. RHP Adam Wainwright (3-4, 4.75) vs. RHP Brad Keller (2-5, 4.66) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX // WIJR

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinals’ lineup
    1. Matt Carpenter, 3B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B
    3. Paul DeJong, SS
    4. Marcell Ozuna, LF
    5. Dexter Fowler, RF
    6. Kolten Wong, 2B
    7. Harrison Bader, CF
    8. Matt Wieters, C
    9. Michael Wacha, P

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatar gscottar.
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

No score in the top of the 2nd.

At least they are playing.

NJ315
    Participant

1-0 KC

NJ315
    Participant

2-0

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

3-0 KC now and they have runners at 2nd and 3rd with one out. Wacha not fooling anybody except Maddux and Shildt.

Redbirds might be below .500 by the end of this day.

r/Esteemed Rat

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

In 2 1/3 innings the 16-31 royals have 6 hits. Theres a good chance the cardinals won’t get to that today. Now down 4-0 to a team 15 games below .500.

NJ315
    Participant

7-0

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I wish Maddux would lose the shoulder grope on mound visits.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

7-0 my lord this ball club is absolutely worthless. But the royals have done something the cardinals can’t do…win back to back games in May.
    Cards will be 10 games out by June 1.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We literally have one of the worst starting rotations in MLB. You are telling me that Ponce or some of the guys at Memphis don’t deserve a shot? That is absolutely baffling to me!! I can’t even begin to comprehend how that makes sense.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

wow forgot they had a day game today to…wish i would have not turned it on looks like another turd for the team.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Coming into today we ranked 12th in the NL in starter’s ERA. After today’s first game we will move down even further.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/split/127/league/nl

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

That is absolutely baffling to me!! I can’t even begin to comprehend how that makes sense.

Patience, my friend. The plan is more important than results, and you don’t want to knock a dent in someone’s psyche. So Carp at leadoff, Goldy at 2, and a rotation including Wacha, Hudson, and Waino it is. If it’s broke, don’t fix it! Or is that supposed to be if it ain’t broke? See how much sense that makes?

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

One hit against a 16-31 team.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

But hey, no need to make any changes. We wouldn’t want people to accuse us of panicking.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

And here we go again. Meaningless hits when the score is out of hand. This is a team of cowards.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Ricky Horton just suggested the pitchers could go out to dinner together and talk about it. That’s modern day tough love.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I highly expect Mike Maddox to be out of a job sooner rather than later. Its amazing every single pitcher on the roster is under-performing.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Anybody else notice that Shildt essentially has two different bullpens? He uses one set of relievers when they’re winning and another set when they’re losing.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anybody else notice that Shildt essentially has two different bullpens? He uses one set of relievers when they’re winning and another set when they’re losing.

I don’t have a problem with that because you don’t want to waste your good relievers when you are already way behind (Matheny did that all of the time). The problem is that our good relievers can never get into the game because the starters are regularly getting shelled and his misfit lineup isn’t firing on many cylinders.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

gscottar, its not just the rotation, though. The hitting has been equally terrible. Its a whole team effort in sucking. They’ve scored 3 runs or less in 9 of the 14 losses this month.

My point about the bullpen is that you guy like Hicks who probably needs regular outings but gets sideline when the teams losing and only gets into 3 games out of 18 and then you over extend him in the games he does appear in.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

I come home from watching my little grandaughter in a school talent show so log in to see the score and damn near throw up at the performance.
    There really are no words to describe how bad this team is. Wacha is just awful and I doubt you could get a used rosen bag for him in a trade.
    Great and we get to play them again tonight.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would DFA Wacha so fast it would make people’s head spin. He has zero trade value and certainly isn’t worthy of a QO. All he is doing is taking up a roster spot and ensuring that we get rocked every fifth day (along with most of the other days).

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bummer of a game…maybe with the double header they may have a team meeting in between…maybe get angry and do something different

You have to change probably more than one thing…leave the bullpen alone…it’s fine enough

rotation needs a change…i think i’d call up Ponce for Wacha…and start converting Wacha to the pen, because he is of no use right now…Waino is on a short leash too…Woodford, Gomber when healthy…

change it…if it fails then go back…but do something

same for the lineup…change it…even if you think it is feeding the fans to abide…do it to prove the fans wrong if you feel so strongly…

make a trade or something drastic…remind these guys they are not safe from demotion or bench or whatever…all of them…Goldy included…

WIeters hit today, keep him in for DH tonight….start Lane Thomas…put the B squad in and adjust the lineup

Fowler, JMart (RF), DeJong, OZuna, Goldy, Yadi, Wieters(DH), Gyorko (3b), Munoz

do…something…different

he said he shoudlnt overreact or underreact….i agreed at the time….but i dont know what underreacting is if it isnt what we have seen for the last 2 weeks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years