StL 2019 Game 3 thread: Sat. 3/30 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 3 thread: Sat. 3/30 at Brewers

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodruff makes a nice defensive play on the swinging bunt to keep Hudson from reaching. 4-2 now.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brewers pitchers are eating the Cards’ lunch this series at the plate. Starting pitching has not been impressive so far.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Back to back Ks to start the 5th from Carp and Goldy. This will be it for thjs guy (and Hudson too after 5, I assume) so may need to get to the bullpen.

As I write that, Dejong doubles.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mayers escapes a bases-loaded jam to end the fifth. Brewers up 4-2.

Participant

Paid - Annual

well just got back to watch the game, I was recording it so didn’t miss a thing. caught up to live now. offense totally fell off tonight. I didn’t think starting oneil for bader made sense when I saw lineup and after seeing him swing the bat or not, I still feel the same. put him in for fowler if you are gonna put him in. Hudson wasn’t great though he wasn’t horrible. two runs isn’t generally gonna cut it no matter whose pitching. relief has been solid.

Participant

Paid - Annual

cardinals had plenty of chances vs brewers bullpen. didn’t come through. either cards hitting isn’t that good or brewers relief isn’t as bad as everyone was thinking with those other guys injured.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I know hader is good but its still kinda sad. gotta move up toi the plate. all pitches but one have been away.

Participant

Paid - Annual

time to move on from that dud.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Hader fans the side in the ninth on nine pitches total to seal Milwaukee’s 4-2 win. The Cards are 1-2 on the season.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hader just emasculated O’Neill, Fowler and Munoz on nine pitches. I think that’s called an immaculate inning.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Only three games in, but frustration level feels like last July. Expecting much more to open this season. DeJong batting third makes no sense to me, but can’t say the others are doing much better, save Wong. Goldy good night last night, hope he’s not a flash in the pan. Something about high dollar extended contract players in the recent past just aren’t living up to expectations.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Back to bikemike’s concern about using the top three bullpen arms Friday. Shildt decided to let Hudson hit with two in scoring position instead of using Jose Martinez as a PH.

Participant

Free

Unless I’m mistaken, there are 159 games left in the regular season. You guys need to wait. I don’t reach a determination on the season until my wedding anniversary…June 14. Give it some time. A guy like Goldschmidt can win games by himself and keep you close. Don’t panic…there’s plenty of time for that later.

Participant

Paid - Annual

well mspaid I agree to a point. but its a fans prerogative to point out bad things they see. nobody on here that ive seen has said the season is over or we should panic. its all part of commenting during game threads. most people that do that are generally diehard fans that live and die with their teams. we are passionate.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Nate aka Nathan aka NathanLeopoldJr., aka MsPaid aka Ms Paid……always the eternal optimist! You’re money in the bank, mspaid!

Participant

Free

1982willie:

Makes sense.

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years