StL 2019 Game 146 thread: Thu 9/12 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 146 thread: Thu 9/12 at Rockies

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Looked like it was our turn today. Lots of hits sure makes things easier. Our pitching was better, they never scored again after the 3rd inning. Congrats to whole team, almost everybody got a hit! Brew Crew next. Go Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs win 4-1 at San Diego.

Padres had the bases loaded in the last of the 9th with two outs trailing 4-0. Machado pinch-hits and is hit by a pitch to make it 4-1. Then Urias is called out on strikes to end it.

And the Brewers won their 7th straight today. Them and the Cubs are tied for the 2nd wild card and both are four games behind the Cards.

r/Esteemed Rat

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Sorry Carlos, you didn’t get a chance to give us a 9th inning heart attack. I was screaming to pinch hit for Carp. Sure enough he lucked into getting one by Murphy. Turned out they were meaningless runs but, still, they helped ease my mind.

One day I will get to see a ball that Arenado throws. They are faster than the speed of sound. The are faster than the speed of light so you just can’t see them. The guy at 1b has a bionic arm inside his mitt. Too bad he says he wants to stay in Colo and signed a big big extension – that is usually the kiss of death when it comes to great play (Harper, Machado, etc)

I looked at that balk 10 times and still can’t see what he did. The bases were loaded so just who was he deceiving with whatever he did?

Now we are having to deal with two NLC teams nipping at our butt and we get to play them 10 times before the end of the season. Somebody said we are the only team above 500 that the Cubs will play until the end – YIKES. And the Nats are no pushovers now either.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Just win baby!

4 up in the standings

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.