StL 2019 Game 134 thread: Fri 8/30 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 134 thread: Fri 8/30 vs. Reds

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet! Carter successfully utilized our quotation feature……with I’m sure one heck of a lot of help from his boyfriend.

This game better not get washed away as RatsBuddy intimated. What then? Back-to-back twin bills on Saturday and sunday?

GameCard
    Participant

Free

There is going to be a delay in the start of tonight’s game due to rain.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Hope it is only a delay. MLB site is showing it as Postponed which would be a real problem. Can’t play two double headers in two days can we?

GameCard
    Participant

Free

They would have to…it is the last time we play the Reds.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Derrick Goold says that we are a doubleheader on Sunday. Of course, the rosters expand then.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if a ML team has ever played twin bills on 3 consecutive days? Might be a good question for Skip and the boys over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau. Is this game officially wiped off the board?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That may not be good for us.Could limit our use of the pen.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

The Reds will be in the same situation as far as the pen, and I’d have to believe that when you add in the guys both call up, the Cards be better overall than what the Reds have.

Adding Fernandez, Cabrera and Gomber can make up for at least one of the extra games. Shildt is just going to have to be patient on pulling them to soon. If Woodford is added to the 40 man, which he should be because it’s a no brainer to in Nov, he should be able to go several innings on Sun.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow…..36+ innings of Cardinal baseball over the next 2 days. Season ticket holders may as well just pitch a tent outside Busch instead of driving to and fro. Here is what I think we’re in store for over the next 48 hours:

-Cards take 3-4 games
    -41 total innings
    -24 Redbird runs vs 15 Redleg tallies
    -7 Cardinal homers vs 5 for Cincy
    -Goldy will be the series hitting star whacking 3 long ones.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Pugs said” -Cards take 3-4 games
    -41 total innings
    -24 Redbird runs vs 15 Redleg tallies
    -7 Cardinal homers vs 5 for Cincy
    -Goldy will be the series hitting star whacking 3 long ones.

I say: Goldy? You best polish off that crystal ball off yours.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Believe in the power of Goldy my dear friend, Carter…….and though shall be rewarded in benefits far greater than the monetary kind.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Thou” not “though”….. gard darn WT (that’s Wild Turkey to the layman….I wonder why they didn’t name it Tame Turkey instead of Wild Turkey as it soothes all thst ails you.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anyone else feel cheated…deprived….swindled….and duped by mother nature for subtracting our beloved game from our menu this evening. She best not rear her ugly head again this weekend or what??…baseball’s first quadrupleheader on Sunday? It is possible….Game 1 at 8:45a(cst)…Game 2 at high noon(cst)….Game 3 at 3:52pm(cst) and then Game 4 at 8pm(cst)…..and then pray like heck for no extra inning affairs. Go El Birdos!

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Pugs said: Believe in the power of Goldy my dear friend, Carter

I aver: Can’t believe. When a guy hits 40 points below his career average when he’s perfectly healthy and has as few clutch moments as Goldy has this year he’s just another under achieving, overpaid near bust like Matt Holliday.

BTW, P.A. WTF are you doing up at 2:00AM? Sleeping on the ol’ couch?

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Is this the ‘off season’?

One saving grace is that Sunday is Sept 1 and we can bring up a trainload of bodies, most of them desirable. But poor Memphis will just have to suffer for a day or two.

I sure hope they eat their Wheaties as the TIVO at our house will be going bonkers.

Anybody thought of this –What if it rains some more today and tomorrow.

Atlanta last week had to fly to Colorado for a one game makeup. That could happen here.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Atlanta last week had to fly to Colorado for a one game makeup. That could happen here.

I know BicycleMike wouldn’t mind seeing us square off in the Mile High City vs these upstart Redlegs, Minuteman3. However, I think the weather protected confines of Miller Park would be a more likely venue….which certainly would suit my fancy.

What are you doing up at 2AM?

Setting the Wild Turkey aside and preparing to venture out on a 5 mile jog…….something you should be at least thinking about, Carter. Those 12 ounce curls you do nightly, though fun, will not get you into shape like your good ole pal Pugs.

I’m sure anxious for this twin bill today. I want our Cardinal batters to be just as anxious at the dish today. I want to see no plate discipline whatsoever out of our boys today….they need to just attack attack attack vs these Reds hurlers! If I were Shildt today, I would fine any player who was caught looking at strike 3 or walked more than once. Now of course this is not what we normally want our boys to do, but on this day against this team and these opposing pitchers, this is exactly what needs to take place to gain victory, or victories as it is on this twin bill Saturday.

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.