St. Louis Cardinals 2018 schedule

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum St. Louis Cardinals 2018 schedule

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Very interesting. Another thing I do not recall having occurred before. During the game broadcast, the crew is touting Opening Day tickets, encouraging fans to buy, as it is not yet sold out.

Participant

They sure are.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Wait Opening Day isn’t sold out yet? That should be a big wake-up call to this FO but I doubt it.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In news that is not news, all the regular season games will be on TV again.

Participant

Free

There was almost 2,000 upper deck tickets available for opening day as of Monday.

I don’t think it’s the fans being turned off as much as the prices. When I bought opening day tickets after a world series championship in 2011. Section 328 was $65.75 a ticket against the cubs and that was a pre sale with 2 other games to buy. I mean $50 for standing room and $99.00 for the worst upper deck ticket in 400 section seems like a money grab.

Also I’ve noticed they’ve already advertised $6 tickets inside the stadium and $5 ones in the Bud Deck outside. They’ve basically moved the eye sore outside the stadium. You can get in the park for $11 a lot in April and May during the week.

Participant

Free

BlackHills: Surely, no one would think the Cardinals are going to sign an expensive big name because they have 2000 seats left for opening day.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

The fact that ticket sales are slow could be a good thing. Maybe that is the only thing that will get the attention of the front office. I suspect that the apathetic approach of ownership to catching the Cubs is creating apathy among the fan base.

In order to seriously challenge the Cubs the Cardinals had four objectives this winter:

1. Acquire a big bat.
    2. Acquire another big bat.
    3. Acquire a veteran front line starter.
    4. Acquire a proven closer.

We only accomplished one of the four objectives, which is why a majority of the fan base is pessimistic about the upcoming season, thus the slow ticket sales.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

As of today’s broadcast, there are 1,000 seats still unsold for the home opener.

Participant

Paid - Annual

As of today’s broadcast, there are 1,000 seats still unsold for the home opener.

That is pretty amazing considering we are less than a month away. That has to get the attention of management.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Spring TV game ratings are down from last year but up slightly from 2016, according to FOX Sports Midwest.

https://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/dan-caesar/cardinals-spring-games-not-much-of-a-tv-draw/article_b6cba1c5-5af5-5571-b7df-93cc082f3d5c.html

Participant

Free

IT’s actually quite more along the lines of about 1,600 unsold tickets and that’s not counting the 550 or so in standing room. I just did the 1st base-RF area in the 300 and 400 section and there almost 1,000 tickets just in that area. Just looking over 3rd-LF it appears about 600 or so. Not Counting Cardinals Nation or all inclusive or field level.

Also they’ve lowered the prices at some of the upper levels about $20.

I could’ve sworn the other day on TV they said Opening Day was sold out. lol

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just received a regular ticket sales email from the team. As it included Opening Day, I went to the map of available seats and there are still a lot of tickets unsold. Cheapest I saw was $65.90.

https://purchase.tickets.com/buy/MLBEventInfo?orgid=10&agency=MLB&pid=8514703&tfl=St._Louis_Cardinals-tickets-St._Louis_Cardinals:_Tickets:_Cardinals_Single_Game_Tickets-single_game_tickets-x0-Desktop-Landscape#

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yet another reminder that all three-plus million in attendance totals are not equal in terms of the bottom line. Here we have heavily discounted tickets on a July weekend game – against the Cubs, no less!

Participant

Paid - Annual

I figured most available tickets would be purchased by Cub fans anyway. I find it nauseating to see Busch Stadium 50% blue or more.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Final TV ratings are good, but with some weakness underneath. Also rumors that Hungo will be a studio analyst only next season.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/media-views-hrabosky-out-of-cards-tv-booth-change-could/article_06ac0f75-10c5-5f9f-b314-aed4a7069be2.html

Participant

Paid - Annual

I hear you, GScott! I don’t see why a stadium dress code was instituted where blue hats, shirts, jackets, signage and pennants were banned from entering the stadium. I know it’s just a game and also that cub fans bring hard currency with them, but I want an owner who is willing to get in the trenches and battle our arch rivals with all they have at their disposal. There’s all sorts of things the Cardinal brass could do to successfully combat the cubbies from many different angles. What they need to understand is that this whole rivalry thing just isn’t a game…..it’s a war! Besides, the more heated rivalries get the more intriguing it becomes for we fans. This is your calling, Bill…..go to war!!

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years